Lo Pro Edge-7 Problem: Stripped Nut? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lo Pro Edge-7 Problem: Stripped Nut?

ME: All of them
    MA: Acoustics in metal, lol!
    MB: I only have one sooo...
    Rig: Fractal Axe FX II

Put some lube that just came in the mail today on the knife edge and all the other critical areas that Granville guitar recommends. That seemed to do the trick. I'm just relieved it wasn't a defect in the hardware somewhere. Little details like this (applying the lube) really do count and make a big difference.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson SLATXMG7FR
    MA: Takamine G335 12-String
    MB: Ibanez SR-405
    Rig: Peavey 6505+

^ I had a similar experience with an Edge III, even new out of the box it wouldn't return to pitch the way it should have. Applied some lube in the form of cheap chapstick and I've been doing that to all my guitars with two-point trems ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by HamBungler View Post
    ^ I had a similar experience with an Edge III, even new out of the box it wouldn't return to pitch the way it should have. Applied some lube in the form of cheap chapstick and I've been doing that to all my guitars with two-point trems ever since.
    Yeah exactly. I went ahead and did the same to an Edge Pro I have in my 2610e that was giving me nothing but trouble and it also did the trick. Only guitar it hasn't worked for is my RG-470, which is MIJ, but has a lo-TRS in it. That is still giving me nothing but trouble. Not sure if the lube can or anything else will make a difference there or not.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

I've never had a stable lo-trs ever.
    Argbadh - RHLC©

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I've never had a stable lo-trs ever.
    They get bad reviews around here I know. Although I have one in a 7420 that I bought used and kept all original yet it seems ok on that one. The setup is a little odd on that guitar as the guy before kept the string retainer all the way down. I know its not supposed to be like that, but I'm kinda afraid to set it properly since it all works fine at the moment.

I just tried again my 7420 with the Lo-Pro in it and now when I dive forward its fine but it doesn't like the backwards dive. I can reverse the negative tuning effects of the backwards dive by simply forward diving it again. Not sure what that's indicative of. Maybe it needs more lube although I heard a little goes a long way and if you use the right type you'll probably never need to do it again.

On the bright side, the Edge Pro in the 2610e still seems fine.
    Last edited by BetterShredThanDead; 08-10-2020 at 07:27 PM.