Getting used to a longer scale length... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Getting used to a longer scale length...

ME: Schecter KM-7 mk iii
    MA: Wasburn D12S
    Rig: Orange Brent Hinds Terror

Quote Originally Posted by Bohmer View Post
    I had an Iron Label 8 string and a Dean ML 8 string for a while and it wasn't the scale length the screwed with me, having smaller hands did with that massive fretboard, lol! Also has a LTD SC607b for a while, fantastic guitar, probably should've kept it, lol! My main guitar these days is my Ibanez RGIB6(28" scale)and it wasn't bad to get used to and it sounds amazing in drop A, I've also got a BC Rich Bich that has a 30" scale, now that took some getting used to, still working on that, lol! Kind of on the hunt for a 27" baritone 6 string to add to the toolbox. As has been mentioned posture, position has helped me a lot along with regularly switching around scale lengths.

Jesus 30". Yeah that's a no for me
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Location: Ybor City, Tampa Bay, Florida, United States, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Dimension C-132
    ME: Ibanez RG9
    MA: Ibanez RA100
    MB: Ibanez BTB7E & BTB7F
    Rig: Fortin Nameless + NTS

Quote Originally Posted by Vegetta View Post
    So fast forward to now and I am so used to this scale length now that 25.5 seems off and odd

I am not obsessing over thumb placement either it clicked and now I do not think about hand position at all.

I'm making a conscious effort to play my other stuff more now so the scale difference isn't as jarring.
    Yeah, acclimation really. I tried out this sick playing & sounding old Head (Korn) MIJ KOMRAD model that was a monetary steal over at the Daytona G.C. and I kept smashing my hand into the nut going for the 1st fret and open notes.

I played 27" stuff for almost ten years, and every guitar I have now is 28" or more.