Play the guitar at 26000 bpm - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Play the guitar at 26000 bpm

ME: Ibanez UV7PWH
    Rig: VHT UL /AxeFX2 /Mesa RK2

the only talent i saw there was making michael angelo battio look like a soulful blues guitarist.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

I think archspire has a couple of tracks that are 350-370 BPM and Spencer (drummer) talks about that's about the limit of what's feasible (for him anyways). To be fair he also maintains that for a 60 min set too.
    Spoiler
    Jesus dies at the end....

ME: Solar A1.6ET
    Rig: Kemper

Quote Originally Posted by Naren View Post
    The title of this thread is such a joke. 26,000bpm as if such a bpm actually exists. I mean, why stop there? Why not call it 26,000,000bpm?

I think the fastest actual bpm I've ever heard was maybe 360bpm?

Quote Originally Posted by budda View Post
    anyone can play at any BPM, it's a question of what division that BPM is being used for.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez RG 550
    MB: Sandberg Ken Taylor 5
    Rig: Diezel Herbert

Not this bellend again! Back in the days of Ye Olde Internets (Racer X band message board, actually still somewhat alive even now) someone who went to MI with Paus recounted a tale of his pulling his whole "I'm faster than Shawn Lane" schtick in front of an instructor who knew the late great shredder personally...

Quote Originally Posted by budda View Post
    anyone can play at any BPM, it's a question of what Division that BPM is being used for.
    Do you mean like Crooks Division or Noodles Division? Which was the faster Division?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocka_Rollas View Post
    Btw if somebody wonders the TV show is swedish, but the guitarist seems to be from Norway
    Some kind soul has produced English subtitles for this 'historic document' – I'm sorry, I misquoted him – "fun and fascinating piece of history":

Worth watching for the details of the Oslo plod officiating his Guinness Book performance. OTOH: Guinness =

Quote Originally Posted by Mattayus View Post
    fucking pink RG
    Wait, what?! Mods, I'm receiving a distress call! Mattayus has been captured and is being held against his will! Much as an inverted Union Jack is a distress signal:

So too is the misidentification of a genuine JEM 777 SK as a simple RG!

Suit up, assemble and rescue Mattayus!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocka_Rollas View Post
    He's wearing a raincoat because he foolishly expected all the ladies in the audience to fountain all over him during that shit
    Verbed noun:

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    Funnily enough, he's a classical composer these days.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Paus
    Honestly, that looks more like his principal occupation is editing his own Wikipedia page. Someone who doesn't ought to flag it.

Quote Originally Posted by Naren View Post
    The title of this thread is such a joke. 26,000bpm as if such a bpm actually exists. I mean, why stop there? Why not call it 26,000,000bpm?

I think the fastest actual bpm I've ever heard was maybe 360bpm?
    I think the faster BPMs turn into oscillations in Hertz and then become quantifiable as pitches. FWIW: I'm sure I've seen bebop cats hitting 400 BMP, but they aren't playing many notes per beat. Of course that's quick, but it's more about the feel... Quavers at 400 BPM will have a different feel to semiquavers at 200 BPM.

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

Quote Originally Posted by Mattayus View Post
    For a brief period of about 2 years, around the age of 18, I found shred/shredding/notes-per-second/bpm really interesting, and something to aspire to. Now I honestly, sincerely, well and truly cannot fathom anything more pointless in the history of music. Shred/shredders are bad enough. But stuff like this, where it's literally a sport, should be made illegal. Absolutely fuck this guy and his pointless fucking "talent". Go write a sick solo we'd all actually remember, with your fucking pink RG and... goddam... fucking... raincoat? Why the fuck are you wearing a raincoat?...
    Playing as fast as you can for the sake of playing as fast as you can is FUN, and I have no problems with it.

It's not, however, music, and I don't want to listen to it unless you find a way to do something interesting with that speed. Which is also fun, but m,,ore importantly pleasant to listen to.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

That said, 1) I moved this to the correct forum, and 2)

Quote Originally Posted by ratson page 5 View Post
    ...and finally found a guy who achieved a speed of what seems be 26000bpm, 466 notes per second, I just want to ask one thing, at what speed is really touching? Is it true that it hits 26,000 bpm? or maybe less or even more?
    ...there are some pretty clear issues with this claim, one of the biggest being that a frequency of 466 notes per second is slightly faster than the 440 vibrations per second that a middle C vibrates at, so if this claim were true there are some pretty major issues with actually playing pitches at this rate since - someone with a better background in physics can probably confirm this for me - I would suspect that any note with a vibrational frequency below 466 (probably around C#, maybe D, above middle C?) wouldn't actually be able to sound...?

ME: Jackson DK2M
    Rig: Peavey Classic 30

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    That said, 1) I moved this to the correct forum, and 2)

...there are some pretty clear issues with this claim, one of the biggest being that a frequency of 466 notes per second is slightly faster than the 440 vibrations per second that a middle C vibrates at, so if this claim were true there are some pretty major issues with actually playing pitches at this rate since - someone with a better background in physics can probably confirm this for me - I would suspect that any note with a vibrational frequency below 466 (probably around C#, maybe D, above middle C?) wouldn't actually be able to sound...?
    Correct. The string wouldn't even oscillate once before the next note came. Really, even notes higher than 466 Hz wouldn't vibrate long enough to be perceived as a note. What would actually happen is that you'd hear a 466 Hz tone, since repeated noises (the pick attack) at that rate are perceived by our ears as pitch. You can see this for yourself by setting a click track in your DAW to a ridiculous speed; eventually, it just starts to sound like a single frequency instead of a series of clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by cev View Post
    Correct. The string wouldn't even oscillate once before the next note came. Really, even notes higher than 466 Hz wouldn't vibrate long enough to be perceived as a note. What would actually happen is that you'd hear a 466 Hz tone, since repeated noises (the pick attack) at that rate are perceived by our ears as pitch. You can see this for yourself by setting a click track in your DAW to a ridiculous speed; eventually, it just starts to sound like a single frequency instead of a series of clicks.
    Considering the process of trying that seems like a pretty awful listening experience, I'm perfectly content to take your word.