Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Jackson Stars LTD ASL-TN01, Blue Archtop Soloist, MIJ Limited Edition 2007

12K views 40 replies 10 participants last post by  Mike 
#1 ·
Selling a Jackson Stars LTD ASL-TN01. Blue Flamed Maple Top. Limited Edition. Made by FujiGen/Chushin Gakki, Japan. 2007 model.

Looking into acquiring some other gear, so this one has to go. A bit of a shame...

Sounds huge! A Mahogany Soloist, go figure. Could be better than some of its American cousins...
Very loud and resonant even when played unplugged.
Incredible Blue Flamed Maple Top with scraped natural binding. Lots of contrast in the figuring.
All Mother of Pearl inlay work.

It is in excellent condition; only a few minor dings on the body and the usual Jackson pointy headstock chipping (very small), a natural looking ebony fretboard (doesn't give the impression of shiny black plastic), frets have plenty of life left in them, no buckle rash on the back, and all hardware is clean and shiny. The back plate for the tremolo cavity was missing when I first got the guitar.
Check the photos below.

All original hardware and electronics: Seymour Duncan TB-4 Bridge Humbucker, SH-1N Neck Pickup, Floyd Rose Original in Chrome and Gotoh Tuners.

Modifications: None

The tremolo arm for the Floyd Rose Original is included.
The original hard case is included.
All Japanese documentation and Music Store cards included.

£1400 / €1600 / $1800. No trade offers please.
Will negotiate collection and/or shipping details with buyer. Open to international buyers. No CITES restrictions, yippee!

Contact: Personal message on this forum, or send an email to sirtoastalot [at] gmail.com

References: Rick (ss.org & mg.org), Rook (ss.org), Noodleface (ss.org).

Specifications:

Model name: Jackson Stars LTD ASL-TN01
Year produced: 2007
Made in: Japan (FujiGen / Chushin Gakki)
Finish: Blue Translucent

Body material: Mahogany (body wings)
Body Top: Flamed Maple
Body Shape: Soloist Archtop
Neck joint: Neck Through Body
Bridge: Floyd Rose Original
Tuners: Gotoh SG
Hardware Colour: Chrome
Neck type: Soloist Traditional
Neck material: 1-piece Maple with scarf joint
Scale length: 25½" / 648 mm
Frets: 24
Fret size: Jumbo
Fret material: Nickel
Fingerboard material: Ebony
Fingerboard inlays: Shark Fin (Mother of Pearl material)
Headstock inlays: Jackson Stars Logo (Mother of Pearl material)
Weight (approx.): 3.5kg

Electronics
Pickup configuration: HH
Bridge pickup: Seymour Duncan TB-4 J.B
Neck pickup: Seymour Duncan SH-1 '59
Controls: Master Volume / Master Tone / 3-Way Toggle Switch
In the electronics cavity: Switchcraft CTS Switches and Potentiometers

See less See more
#9 ·
I am considering a nice 7-string (fixed bridge though), to fill the gap left by the recently departed Green Dot Universe.
I have a Vigier Excalibur Custom, so I am already covered for a high-end super strat, although the Jackson is a much more visually striking instrument.

Why hasn't one of the Division Cartel bought this yet? This has Crooks written all over it.
Jokes on you if you think he's ever buying anything from the UK, :usa:
Brexit could result in an "Escape from United Kingdom" film-esque scenario very soon. You'd have to drop into a hot L.Z in order to recover this guitar.
Get it before traditional exporting routes become an impossibility!

#21 ·
Not asking for myself, but are you open to US buyers? Thanks to Brexit-related turmoil the GBP/USD exchange rate is probably starting to make this more appealing for US buyers to pay for it in pounds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.