Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Drew's HH Warmoth and Schecter C-7 (Free/cheap to home in need of shred in this time)

8K views 62 replies 20 participants last post by  dbwells 
#1 ·
I'm not playing these enough; I'd like to keep these in the MG family if possible, sent to homes that will love them.

Particularly, if someone has a need for some shred but is hit hard by these times financially, let me know and we can work something out for packing/shipping costs (or for free) to the right home.

--

Warmoth HH Superstrat:

If you've been around here for a while, you know what this is. Drew built this and set it up (with some help from Chris); I picked it up from him along with the C-7 a few years ago. I believe it is a chambered swamp ash body with quilted maple top, and a gorgeous maple neck and board. It's a beautiful, lightweight, resonant, and great-sounding guitar (Satch-y DiMarzios of some sort), but I find myself reaching for the EBMM Lukes instead (narrower nut width, no Floyd).

Comes with a really nice Charvel hardshell case. Looking for $SOLD, or see above if you are hard hit by COVID and need some shred.

--

Schecter C-7 Blackjack: This is an '00s Schecter C-7 Blackjack. This is a solid 7-string, and the only one I've had in the last few years. Like the C-1s of the era, it's hard to go wrong. This is a solid guitar with passive pickups and coil splits on the in-between positions switch that sounds great; 26.5" scale, mahogany set neck, very articulate with a clear B string (currently strung up with a .068 on the B so it's extra satisfying for rhythm work). Neck is on the wide/large side but it doesn't have awkward shoulders.

Will ship in a gig bag. Looking for $SOLD, but see above if you are hard hit by COVID and need some shred/djent/whatever.

See less See more
#2 ·
That Warmoth is gorgeous and I’d play the shit outta it. I absolutely do not qualify, though, and think it’s awesome that you want to put it in the hands of someone who needs it. :yesway:

#3 ·
That Warmoth is gorgeous and I'd play the shit outta it. I absolutely do not qualify, though, and think it's awesome that you want to put it in the hands of someone who needs it. :yesway:
If you want it, let me know. Happy to put the LTD Elite in the hands of someone who needs it in lieu of this one.

#7 ·
I've only ever owned six strings and have been meaning to get into a 7. The C-7 would be put right into my arsenal so I can tackle recording some of the songs I've been avoiding due to lack of a 7 :lol:

I am by no means hard hit (except working half days) but being Military, I still get full pay.

I am ready to pay if you want to sell it. Your call dude, I am cool either way :)

#9 ·
Can confirm both of these guitars are absolute steals at the price - the Warmoth, in particular, I forget what I had into it but it was probably north of $1500. Chambered swamp ash with a quilt maple top, and a PAF Pro/Fred pickup set, so Satch-y indeed. Wired like a JS100, as well - 3 way with a push pull coil tap. Titanium trem hardware as well. :agreed:

Also, I'd forgotten how fucking pretty that guitar is. :lol: Glad to see it looks like it's going to a good home and staying in the family. :yesway:

#27 ·
Just got the Warmoth today and holy shit it rips. Just set it up to Eb how I like it. Video is a quick test run with my phones camera. Thanks again Josh!

Dude, this makes me proud just watching someone else rip away on a guitar I sort of brought into existence. Nice!! \m/

Serious mode for a moment, this community has given me a lot in the 12+ years I've been here and I am happy to pay it forward.

Fuck. It really has been 12 years, huh? That's nuts.

#36 ·
Took some pictures of the Warmoth in the sunlight this morning.

View attachment 27678 View attachment 27680 View attachment 27682 View attachment 27684
I got to put some time in this weekend with this guitar and it is sweet as hell, pictures dont do justice really and it is light and sounds incredible. Of course high gain was great but the neck pup split with my amp on the blue channel with gain on 2 1/2 it was awesome, I could get the sweetest sustain....just awesome. The trem is set up very very well and it stayed totally in tune with many hours of playing. Kudos to Josh, and to Drew for building it, an awesome guitar .

#34 ·
I joined Jemsite in the fall of 1999. If it wasn't for the forum refresh where they deleted a lot of the old history maybe a decade ago, my Jemsite log-in would almost be able to go out to a bar and order a drink. Fucking weird.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.