Incoming NTD - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Incoming NTD

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Axe-Fx II / 5150

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    OT but check out that Owane album I posted a few months back ('Yeah Whatever', the whole thing is up on Youtube). Even if you're not super into it, 99% of it is are tasty major scale licks that are good for noodling, some challenging but nothing stupid and they're 'happy'. Some dirty 'd' in there but 'Shape of Colour' by Intervals is another one that's pretty much all major scale licks ('Sweet Tooth' is a good example).
    Going OT is what we do around here anyway.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I can't stand ellipticals. They always make my tendons feel like shit afterwards and I don't get nearly as good a workout as I do on a treadmill.
    I've only been on an elliptical once. Hated it - it felt like running in a squat. Somehow, that's worse than regular running, which is saying something.

Running in general is bad for your knees. Almost as bad for your knees as living life as a fat fuck.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH

Nice, it even comes with the vertual chick to yell at you the whole time, thats hot!
    Vag Jackson, Man Of Action

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I've only been on an elliptical once. Hated it - it felt like running in a squat. Somehow, that's worse than regular running, which is saying something
    I had a cheapy elliptical that felt the same way. My in-laws had a nicer one but to get the kinda stride you needed to make your gate feel natural, the peddles or whatever you call them needed to have enough range to go another three feet out from the machine. Made it impossible to find anywhere with enough room to use the thing, and especially unsafe with kids and animals around.
    Argbadh - RHLC©

ME: Suhr M5
    MB: Squire Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk V + Axe FX II

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I've only been on an elliptical once. Hated it - it felt like running in a squat. Somehow, that's worse than regular running, which is saying something.
    This, at 6ft 6 ellipticals are brutal.

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

I've logged several hundred miles on the treadmill over the last few years, and so has my wife. We both like them, and have no issues with knees. (Well, I have knee issues, but they're because I do tons of DH mountain biking which is another story altogether, lol).

I can't stand ellipticals. They always make my tendons feel like shit afterwards and I don't get nearly as good a workout as I do on a treadmill.
    Good thing you aren't an actor, because your portrayal of "Man excited that his wife bought a new treadmill" is highly unconvincing.

Real men don't Treadmill, they Dreadmill.

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Axe-Fx II / 5150

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCoy View Post
    Good thing you aren't an actor, because your portrayal of "Man excited that his wife bought a new treadmill" is highly unconvincing.

Real men don't Treadmill, they Dreadmill.
    I've worked out on average 6 days a week, every week, for the last 5 years. I love all forms of sweet, glorious cardio. I just love some more than others.

But I really don't mind the treadmill at all. It's a hell of a workout that I can shoehorn into 30-45 mins.

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

I've worked out on average 6 days a week, every week, for the last 5 years. I love all forms of sweet, glorious cardio. I just love some more than others.

But I really don't mind the treadmill at all. It's a hell of a workout that I can shoehorn into 30-45 mins.
    I feel obligated to give you shit for buying a treadmill in Jaxadam's memory. He definitely would have had something to say about you buying a treadmill instead of a bowflex.