Indoor trainers and Zwift - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Indoor trainers and Zwift

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Axe-Fx II / 5150

Quote Originally Posted by Surveyor 777 View Post

I would LOVE the idea of Zwift and a smart trainer. I'm the type of person that could get caught up in the sensation/idea that I actually am riding with the people on the screen. I'm assuming it is somewhat realistic, where you can pass people if you go faster or they can pass you for the same reason. That really appeals to me. Also, with the smart trainers that have the incline/decline feature for the front wheel - that looks great to me also.
    Santa is bringing me the incline/decline thing, and I also have the Kickr smart fan that adjusts the wind velocity based on your speed. Anything that makes the trainer even .00001% more tolerable is worth it.

https://www.wahoofitness.com/devices...uetooth-fan-us

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

With speeds of over 30 mph (48 kph), the KICKR HEADWIND will keep you cool during the toughest training sessions.

damn ... you guys have some fucking cool (if pricey) peripherals for this stuff
    Spoiler
    Jesus dies at the end....

Quote Originally Posted by TheKindred View Post
    With speeds of over 30 mph (48 kph), the KICKR HEADWIND will keep you cool during the toughest training sessions.

damn ... you guys have some fucking cool (if pricey) peripherals for this stuff
    Cycling is a bottomless pit of shit to spend money on man. It's endless, taking up smoking crack with $100 bills is probably less expensive.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Parker Fly Mojo
    Rig: Orange OR50

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Cycling is a bottomless pit of shit to spend money on man. It's endless, taking up smoking crack with $100 bills is probably less expensive.

Personally I fucking hate the turbo trainer and Zwift doesn't change that one bit, so each to their own
    I'd rather get fat than have to spend £1000 on a full smart trainer setup and pedal away like a hamster.
    Could buy another real bike for that!

Also please put a towel or something over your handlebars, for the love of god. I have seen and had to work on some awfully rotten bikes that should be deemed a bio hazard
    www.facebook.com/theconstruct
    Post metal, for fans of ISIS, Cult of Luna, Neurosis, Gojira etc

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

It's one of the single most efficient ways to spend vast sums of money on increasingly marginal improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by Ror3h View Post
    Also please put a towel or something over your handlebars, for the love of god. I have seen and had to work on some awfully rotten bikes that should be deemed a bio hazard
    Also, grab a yoga mat (or a trainer mat if you want to be extra fancy) and put that under your bike, so you don't pool sweat all over the floor.

For me, Rory, I don't really have much of a choice - I live in a part of the world where road biking is just out of the picture for several months a year, between the snow, ice, and road salt. It's either not do it at all and lose a lot of ground over the winter, or hit the trainer. And Zwift REALLY makes it way more tolerable.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

ME: Schecter Loomis
    MA: Ibanez classical
    MB: Ibanez SR400QM
    Rig: Fenders

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post

For me, Rory, I don't really have much of a choice - I live in a part of the world where road biking is just out of the picture for several months a year, between the snow, ice, and road salt. It's either not do it at all and lose a lot of ground over the winter, or hit the trainer. And Zwift REALLY makes it way more tolerable.

Similar problem with me, but it's due to daylight. I normally leave for work when it's somewhat dark and I get home after dark. With the moronic drivers around here that seem to always forget how to drive in the snow, I'm not going to risk my life riding in the dark. So I look forward to the weekends so I can get riding on my fattie. Other than the weekends, I have to use a trainer to get any riding in.

Rory literally moved to New Zealand to avoid having to ride the trainer in the winter. I'll give him props for the outstanding life choice, while at the same time pointing out that his life and mine are quite different.

I also prefer riding outdoors, of course. But many days I only have 30-60 minute to actually work out, and the trainer is awesome for that.

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

Rory literally moved to New Zealand to avoid having to ride the trainer in the winter. I'll give him props for the outstanding life choice, while at the same time pointing out that his life and mine are quite different.
    For "just a couple months," if I recall right. Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Surveyor 777 View Post
    Similar problem with me, but it's due to daylight. I normally leave for work when it's somewhat dark and I get home after dark. With the moronic drivers around here that seem to always forget how to drive in the snow, I'm not going to risk my life riding in the dark. So I look forward to the weekends so I can get riding on my fattie. Other than the weekends, I have to use a trainer to get any riding in.
    Oh, Boston is notorious for this - even if the roads were clear, it's late November and sunset tonight is already 4:12PM.