2019 "Get In Shape" Workout Goals Thread - Page 15
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: 2019 "Get In Shape" Workout Goals Thread

ME: Epi G400 LP Custom
    MB: EDB600/605

Minus the days I went on vacation recently, I've been locked in to my gym schedule, and while I've made improvements with weights, it's definitely noticeable with my runs. 45 mins don't seem nearly as long to run for, and my pace is fucking dynamite, this week has been 5 miles at no more than 45:15, with my all-time PR now at 43:30 somehow; like I was flying that day and didn't notice it at all, hit 5K in just under 28 minutes. I'd like to start doing a mile or so on my 'off day' so that I can start transitioning back to that and have a legitimate run.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: 1990-91 Ibanezes
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SR500
    Rig: Laney IRT Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    Yeah we've got it here unfortunately, especially on the coast in southwestern Finland (where I spend a lot of time since I'm from there and my parents still live there). There's lots of deer and moose that spread the ticks everywhere.

Until I got the lab results I thought I'd never been bitten though, but evidently I've been at least once.
    To add to my great luck lately, I now also got an allergic reaction to the antibiotics. So I basically look like I've been rolling around naked in nettles now (well not quite, but almost).
    "How can less be more? It's impossible. More is more."
    -Yngwie J. Malmsteen

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

Shit, man! Fingers crossed for you.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Epi G400 LP Custom
    MB: EDB600/605

Alright gents, its New Years Eve, where'd we all land in terms of goals?

I ended with a total of 216 miles over 49 runs since joining the gym on Aug. 10th. Since October I've been consistently doing 5 miles and yy fastest pace ever was 36:33, and tonight I ended with my 2nd fastest PR at 37:50 which feels good.

Next years goal is going to be just keeping this routine of going to the gym strong, and hopefully get it up from every two days to every other day I'm going. If I maintain at least the same schedule, I should break 600 miles, but again, I just want to keep working out.

Also, I bought Jeans in store for the first time in ...fuck, maybe a decade since I think even my last pair were ordered online. Size 40, when I was wearing a 46 with a belt earlier this year, with still a hair to spare, and holy fuck if those things dont make me look infinitely better than other pants I own. Now I just need khakis that make me feel that good and I can die happy

My goals for the year, color coded, green for the ones I acheived, yellow for ones I'll give myself partial credit on, and red for the ones I didn't.

Find something biigger than Greylock - done, Mt. Lemmon is now my biggest ever climb.
    Break 55 minutes on Greylock - 54:21, blew through that one with some time to spare.
    Break 5,000 miles - fell 99 miles short. Just didn't have it in me, because...
    Outclimb Chris, including his chairlift elevation gain - I was 40,000 feet behind when I left for Spain in early November, and he got one final 9k day in on the lift. I came back, and just massacred my legs doing 70k feet of vertical in 6 weeks (Strava helpfully pointed out that their average user rode 25k feet of vertical in 2019, for perspective). I'm fucking cooked, but I did finish the year 5k in the lead and once I have a few more days to recover, I ought to be in pretty killer climbing shape.
    Take 5 KOMs in my neighborhood running up Winter Hill, including one on my own street I broke a collarbone which put me behind a bit both on training and on not having a "fast" bike to ride until August, at which point I got sick and had a hacking cough for a month. Excuses, excuses. Of the 5 I rode three this year, took 2 of the three (including my street to the top of Prospect Hill), and am currently 3rd on the third, one second off the KOM. I'll keep working on this one in 2020.
    Power to weight over 4w/kg. Nope. I'll need to do a final FTP test once my legs spring back a little to see where I ended the year, but more likely than not I'm still going to be around 3.7k/kg, which is a modest increase from 2018, but not as much as I'd hoped. Moving your FTP is hard, and while I lost weight, I didn't lose as much weight as I'd hoped this season.
    Prep for a 2020 Everest attempt by doing a ride with at least a half Everest of elevation gain. Well, especially the last half of the year I did get a lot of climbing in, but my biggest single ride was 10k feet. Everesting is still a long term goal but probably more like 2021, where coincidentally I'll turn 40. Giving myself partial credit, though, for doing a ton of climbing, equal to roughly 10x up Everest, which is a great baseline to start training from for this coming year.
    10 minutes on Wachusett I never actually got a chance to ride Wachusett this year. 10 minutes will be tough, but I'm confident I can beat my PR, at a minimum.
    200 miles in one ride Ran out of time. Biggest was 165 in September, and while that was ectremely hilly and a flatter course might have given me a chance, it was also pretty clear that by that point in the year daylight was going to be a real constraint, and I didn't have the time to burn another vacation day before it got a lot worse.
    Don't get hurt Yeah, about that...
    run 150 miles, improve my half marathon PR I ended up barely running all year.

Still thinking about 2020 goals, so that can wait till we have a new thread.

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

That Mt Lemon climb has me seriously jealous, dude.

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Simple goal for me this year - 400 hours exercising.
    I came fairly close to this. 334 hours. I workout 6 days a week almost every week, and try to get out an hour a day so I'll take it.

I don't want to interrupt Drew's victory lap about beating me in vertical with his virtual rides, but I had a rough last three months of the year with deaths in a family so I couldn't get out as much.

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    That Mt Lemon climb has me seriously jealous, dude.
    I haven't decided if I'm going there this spring or somewhere else (I'd like to explore some more, but I haven't decided NOT to, exactly), but yeah, it was an awesome climb. Never all THAT steep (until the final kick to the observatory), but it's a 20-mile stretch at an unbroken 4-5% and the air starts getting perceptively thinner towards the top in ways you begin to notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I came fairly close to this. 334 hours. I workout 6 days a week almost every week, and try to get out an hour a day so I'll take it.

I don't want to interrupt Drew's victory lap about beating me in vertical with his virtual rides, but I had a rough last three months of the year with deaths in a family so I couldn't get out as much.
    No arguments there, man. My year didn't exactly go as planned either, (snip snip).
    Last edited by Chris; 01-03-2020 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Personal details removed, sir.