Metal Guitarist Forums banner

NBD: 2020 Specialized Venge Pro

3K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Drew 
#1 ·
Picked this up last night, and I've only done a quick shake-out spin so far, but goddamn this is gonna be a fun bike.

Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Tire Bicycle frame Crankset

Trans teal over raw carbon, this was an overcast day so it's tough to tell but it looks awesome when it catches the light. Ultegra Di2 build (which isn't even on their website yet, they only have the SRAM eTap one up) which electronic shifting is new for me and a blast. Despite being an "aero" frame, it's lighter than the Tarmac it replaces, and unlike the previous generation of the Venge it handles amazingly, it essentially rides like a modestly stiffer version of the new Tarmac. Way more comfortable over rough pavement than I was expecting, as well.

I'm away this weekend riding on gravel and hiking, but I'm looking forward to giving her a proper thrashing when I return. :D

See less See more
#4 ·
:rofl: It really needs good, direct outdoor sunlight, which I haven't had since I picked this up, at least not since first thing this morning when I was rushing to get out the door in time for work. It'll happen. :lol:

#11 ·
Very nice bike! Happy NBD!

And for those that see $8000 for a bike being a lot - yeah, before I was into bikes, I would have thought that to be an insane amount. Now that I'm into them and know what all the parts and bits cost, it doesn't shock me...

Not that I'd be able to swing $8000 for a bike, though.

#12 ·
Holy crap, even in the days of my MTB obsession – early 90s, then my obsession became the electric guitar :shredder: – I would totally have understood dropping 8k on a bike! Drew knows more about inflation than I ever will, so I guess even with economies of scale in force the question could easily be what he would have bought if money were really no object?

#13 ·
Holy crap, even in the days of my MTB obsession - early 90s, then my obsession became the electric guitar :shredder: - I would totally have understood dropping 8k on a bike! Drew knows more about inflation than I ever will, so I guess even with economies of scale in force the question could easily be what he would have bought if money were really no object?
Perhaps this:

https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Pinarello/Dogma-F12-Red-eTap-AXS-12-Speed-Disc-Road-Bike/MI7D

#16 ·
Once you buy an $8,000 Bike, that's the second highest level of outdoor elitism.

The only higher level of elitism is making every vacation you take heli-skiing centric and act like heli-skiing in general is a sound investment.

Even then, the outdoor elitism police will revoke your elitist license if they catch you shopping at a store that isn't the local co-op.

#17 ·
Once you buy an $8,000 Bike, that's the second highest level of outdoor elitism.

The only higher level of elitism is making every vacation you take heli-skiing centric and act like heli-skiing in general is a sound investment.

Even then, the outdoor elitism police will revoke your elitist license if they catch you shopping at a store that isn't the local co-op.
I have at least 4 bikes worth $8000+, what level am I at? :lol:

#22 ·
Finally got a halfway decent daylight picture:

Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset

You can see the way the light plays off the carbon.

She's fast as hell too - I've taken her out for two rides now, and on each sprinted up one of the hills in my neighborhood at either the start or finish of the ride. On both, I came away with a new Strava KOM, the fastest recorded time on that segment. Part of it is all the training I did in the offseason and the fact I've been riding a LOT this year, but I'd be lying if I said part of it wasn't the bike. :yesway:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.