NBD: 2019 YT Jeffsy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NBD: 2019 YT Jeffsy

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

NBD: 2019 YT Jeffsy

I picked this up a little less than a month ago, a 2019 YT Jeffsy 27 CF Pro. I live solidly in XC territory, but I've been looking for a bigger bike to take west into the Shenandoah mountains, as well as some park days.

IMG_7905.jpg

IMG_7906.jpg

IMG_7907.jpg

A short video from one of the local trails:

Coming from a GT Sensor, this is a lot more capable bike. It follows the trend of longer, lower, slacker, but the steep seat tube angle makes me a lot more comfortable on it than most of the other bikes I've demoed. It's 150mm of travel, versus the 130mm that I was used to, and the ridiculously low top tube really lets me get my weight low. It climbs well for what it is, but I'm definitely not powering up stuff like I was before. It's an absolute blast when pointed downhill, though.
    Noodles

So live for today,
    Tomorrow never comes.
    Die young, die young,
    Can't you see the writing in the air?
    Die young, gonna die young,
    Someone stopped the fair.

2. Thanked by:

3. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Thanks for turning my photos sideways for no reason, vBulletin.

ME: Schecter Loomis
    MA: Ibanez classical
    MB: Ibanez SR400QM
    Rig: Fenders

Congrats! I've heard the model name before but don't think I've ever seen one. Looks nice.

6. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez RG 550
    MB: Sandberg Ken Taylor 5
    Rig: Diezel Herbert

Things have certainly changed since I was into MTBs!

I saw one just yesterday geared like your new ride: a single chainring about as large as my largest 500LX sprocket (28?) and the largest sprocket as big as my biggest chainring (36?).

Back in my day, even downhillers (Steve Peat) were still winning races on fully rigid steel frames!

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    Things have certainly changed since I was into MTBs!

I saw one just yesterday geared like your new ride: a single chainring about as large as my largest 500LX sprocket (28?) and the largest sprocket as big as my biggest chainring (36?).

Back in my day, even downhillers (Steve Peat) were still winning races on fully rigid steel frames!

That's the Sram Eagle drivetrain. A 34T up front, and a 10-50 12-speed cassette in the back. The granny cog is the size of the big ring on my road bike.

When was your day exactly? I remember mountain biking back in the mid-90s on a fully rigid chromoly GT with cantilever brakes.

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Axe-Fx II / 5150

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

Bout damned time you posted pictures.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

ME: Ibanez RG 550
    MB: Sandberg Ken Taylor 5
    Rig: Diezel Herbert

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    When was your day exactly? I remember mountain biking back in the mid-90s on a fully rigid chromoly GT with cantilever brakes.
    The very first MBUK I bought (before I got my bike) had the race report from the 1992 Worlds in Bromont. First year Djernis won. For a few years I read everything I could get my hands on about MTBs. I think I bought six or seven magazines in two (and a half – Swiss German) languages one summer "on the continent" (mainland Europe) where they had US mags which I lapped up. At my worst, you could have woken me at four a.m., put a gun to my head and I could still have told you what a Selle Flite or a Ringlé seatpost QR[a] weighed. As soon as I could, I grew a goatee like Jason McRoy (and Tomac, King, Herbold and basically everyone else on the DH scene).

You can see the MTBeard here, as well as a load of MTB stickers I plastered my first electric with. I can make out Gripshift (still around as your SRAM) and Bontrager stickers that I hacked up to make "edgy" words such as "shi(f)t" and "rage":

By that stage ('95/'96) I had all but given up the biking (I rode BMX, too, unlike anyone I knew) for metal guitar.

Nowadays I just watch rad dudes on YouTube. I'd had a the other night and had to turn Chris' chestcam vids off because I was feeling a little too

Now if you whippersnappers will excuse me, it's way past my bedtime...

[a] Anodised blue, to better offset my fantasy ti-frame. I spit on your purple!