2020 "Get In Shape" Workout Goals Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2020 "Get In Shape" Workout Goals Thread

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: Axe-Fx 3 / Kemper / 5150

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I pondered a treadmill, but I didn't want to have the impact that goes with it and the resulting wear on the knees. Thus, the eliptical. It's been good to have it, though. It got easier once I built up a little stamina and realized that it was okay to slow down when I got tired and wait for my second wind.

The big surprise for me was my awareness of dehydration. One attempt on the eliptical with tight calves was enough for me to say to myself on a daily basis "more water, less coffee"
    I have a treadmill that I use once a week. I love cycling but running really can't be beat for pure cardio, especially when I don't have much time to work out. I weigh ~190lbs and i find that if I set the decline on it slightly it helps my knees a bunch.

Just for shits, here's my basement man-cave that doubles as my gym and my shop. The other 2/3 of the basement (and the rest of the house) are boring but this little sliver is mine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Les Paul
    MB: Precision
    Rig: Sunn

Bloody hell, that's an impressive setup there Chris.

I haven't really set any goals this year as I've been dealing with a bit of a bad back the past month or so, so I'm waiting to see the physio on Friday before I set myself anything too lofty. Hopefully once I get it sorted I can get back into my lifting and do a bit more running in the mornings. Ultimately I'd like to do a bit of Fell running this year, but that's difficult to train for living in the Fens, I'm also hoping to start cycling to work a bit more (because fuck the traffic round here) but I don't always work locally so it'd be difficult to do that consistently... I'd like to look at getting a nice road bike once they sort the cycle paths round me as well.

Basically: fix back, run more, maybe cycle?