We need another "Dinner" thread - Page 42
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142

Thread: We need another "Dinner" thread

ME: Boden 6

That is some tasty looking bread (great looking pizza too). The bread is always something I look forward to eating whenever I go to Finland.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: 1990-91 Ibanezes
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SR500
    Rig: Laney IRT Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Valtteri View Post
    That is some tasty looking bread (great looking pizza too). The bread is always something I look forward to eating whenever I go to Finland.
    Yeah, especially the rye baking is pretty great.

I found out that my parent's had had a sourdough in the freezer that my dad had inherited, which was something like 70 years old at least. Unfortunately they had lost interest ages ago and it had been thrown away before I got interested in sourdough. Oh well, the starter I have now which I started from scratch is pretty damn good now anyway.
    "How can less be more? It's impossible. More is more."
    -Yngwie J. Malmsteen

ME: Ibanez RGIXL7-ABL
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Fractal Audio AX8

Looks like Markus has some pretty good bread-baking skills. That pizza looks pretty tasty.

I was going to ask why there isn't a "lunch thread," but it looks like there were 2 full years between Markus's post and the one before it, so that kind of answers my question.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: 1990-91 Ibanezes
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SR500
    Rig: Laney IRT Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Naren View Post
    Looks like Markus has some pretty good bread-baking skills. That pizza looks pretty tasty.

I was going to ask why there isn't a "lunch thread," but it looks like there were 2 full years between Markus's post and the one before it, so that kind of answers my question.
    Yeah, I think this thread contains a fair number of lunches as well, if we had separate threads they would get posts every 4 years or so.

I think this thread died out after Jaxadam's exit - I think he has well over 50 % of the posts in this thread.

ME: Boden 6

Rye baking isn't really that common here in Norway I think, so what we usually get here is the Danish style stuff which I'm not a big fan of. My favourite Finnish bread is the local barley-wheat bread from my mum's home municipality in the Satakunta region.

Pastries are in general also a lot better in Finland than in the other Nordic countries IMO. I've baked Finnish sweet pastries from time to time, but for it to be worth it you need to make a certain amount at a time of course; I therefore don't do it too often as I have limited space in my freezer and it's not exactly health food either.