No pizza for me, damnit.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No pizza for me, damnit.

ME: 1 of 2
    MA: "Smokey"
    Rig: Peavey XXX

No pizza for me, damnit.

My last lab work came back with elevated cholesterol. I'm trying to be good and stay away from foods with a lot of it, but people at work order pizza on a weekly basis and I LOVE pizza.

Twice now I've stayed away from it, but it sure does suck not having a slice. Anybody else go through this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Caparison/Parker
    Rig: Sweet FA

Sorry to hear that Ken. Somebody needs to invent the cholesterol-reducing pizza. The more you eat, the healthier you become

ME: Parker MaxxFly DF824
    Rig: Dual Recto

no soup for you!!!
    Confront and Cry

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

damnit. well, i've been eating unhealthy for quite some time now (i'm pushing the boundaries of my largest pairs of pants), so i'll stick with you. no more pizza or fast food or anything shitacular until i can fit back into my undergraduate pants

My mom got told she had high cholestorol last week but all she has done to combat it is buy a pack of low-cholestorol butter

She still eats a lot of stuff that's bad for her despite me saying "You can't have that etc..." and being given a diet sheet by the doctor saying what she can and can't have.

What's the point in going to a doctor if you're not going to take their advice?

ME: 1 of 2
    MA: "Smokey"
    Rig: Peavey XXX

Quote Originally Posted by DelfinoPie View Post
    My mom got told she had high cholestorol last week but all she has done to combat it is buy a pack of low-cholestorol butter

She still eats a lot of stuff that's bad for her despite me saying "You can't have that etc..." and being given a diet sheet by the doctor saying what she can and can't have.

What's the point in going to a doctor if you're not going to take their advice?
    I have been taking it more seriously lately. I'm reading nutritional labels on everything. I didn't realize that ONE Egg McMuffin has 87% of Cholesterol for a 2,000 calorie a day diet. Now, I'm 6'7" so my caloric intake is more than that, but still. That's insane.

I was not aware of that!

Shit, and I love those as well!

I'm taking more of an active interest in what I eat nowadays. I think I owe it to myself because of all the health problems other members of my family are going through.

Best of luck to you, although if you're doing your research then you're already on the right track

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

One slice probably won't kill you. Instead of going cold turkey, try just cutting back.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace