Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Chris's Fat Bike Thread.

13K views 151 replies 34 participants last post by  1 
#1 ·
Ordered a Specialized Fatboy today, mid August delivery. :scream:

Could have gotten a black one sooner, but I figured this color was worth the wait. :metal:

Specialized Bicycle Components

See less See more
#14 ·
Winter riding is tons of fun, even without a fatbike - which, incidentally, I've never tried.

Years back, Nokian tires made a high-volume DH series called "Gazzaloddi", the largest of which was a 24/26 x 3.0. They were ridiculous and made the bikes feel like motorcycles, but did their job. While they were really popular on DH bikes for a couple years around 2002-2003, they fell out of style pretty quickly in favour of tires that could actually turn. It's sort of weird to see big tires come back, but I'm glad it's happening on snow-bikes, rather than, say:

#17 ·
Good color choice. Looks like some kind of bad ass military shit!:metal:

#29 ·
Yeah it did. And picked it all up too, and slung it on my face. :lol: I'm definitely putting a set of fenders on it, those tires grab fuckin' EVERYTHING.

It's hilariously good fun to ride, and way quicker/more nimble than you'd expect. I rode it through a local pit at 8psi, and it's comical how it clears everything - you just fuckin' plow into it and the bike does the rest. :lol:

It climbs really well - way too much granny gear in the current setup, but I'm going to gear it similar to my 29'er, a 1x10 up front (with a 30T instead of a 32) and the 42T OneUp on the back. It's raining now and I have a pretty busy week, but I should get a proper trail ride on it in the next day or two.

It's impossible to ride without a big shit eating grin. :lol:

#30 ·
Did you seriously not go for a top mounted bike rack on the Subaru? You went for the whey grass smoothie drinking fucking yoga chick rack dude.

Putting your mud stained off road beast on top of your car = status symbol out here in the Rockies.

Now you just need to get hardcore into skiing and kayaking and move out west.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.