Post Your Bicycle(s)! - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Post Your Bicycle(s)!

ME: PRS CE22
    MA: Richard Cogger Classical
    MB: Fender Bulletbass
    Rig: Mesa Mark V/TA30

Your only problem is those lefty forks. I'm sure they work just fine but they're ugly as can be.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Parker Fly Mojo
    Rig: Orange OR50

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I do not have a problem.

Haha
    Do you have three trail bikes?
    In my mind I can justify the road (ish), downhill, cx/gravel, xc MTB, fatbike, but then three trail bikes?
    I hope you don't get into road riding seriously, cos then you would also need a fast road bike that only comes out in the summer, a winter road bike with mudguards, a touring bike, a TT bike and a fixed gear bike for riding to the pub/shops.
    Keep up the good work, and let me know when you need your own full time mechanic
    www.facebook.com/theconstruct
    Post metal, for fans of ISIS, Cult of Luna, Neurosis, Gojira etc

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Axe-Fx II / 5150

Quote Originally Posted by Ror3h View Post
    Haha
    Do you have three trail bikes?
    In my mind I can justify the road (ish), downhill, cx/gravel, xc MTB, fatbike, but then three trail bikes?
    I hope you don't get into road riding seriously, cos then you would also need a fast road bike that only comes out in the summer, a winter road bike with mudguards, a touring bike, a TT bike and a fixed gear bike for riding to the pub/shops.
    Keep up the good work, and let me know when you need your own full time mechanic
    Of course I have three trail bikes!

Far left on the double stand: Wife's XC hardtail on the bottom, her carbon CX bike on top.

My stuff on the ground:

L-R:
    Trance - All Mountain, good for gnarly days out on enduro type terrain, 160mm front 140mm rear)
    Sherpa - My every day bike, it's 27.5+ with full suspension and 3" tires. It's awesome. So comfy.
    Fatboy - Fatbike. For snow and whatnot.
    Scalpel - 100mm XC race geometry. Fast as hell and tries to kill you while riding it, but it's 2x11 and geared/tired to hammer XC stuff.
    Slate - Lefty gravel/cross bike, thing is awesome and I spend most of my "road" rides on it these days on a local rail trail.
    Glory - 200mm of DH, uh, glory.

And the Stigmata in the front on the trainer, which is my "road" bike even though it's technically a CX bike. It has carbon wheels and an Enve aero cockpit on it (bars/stem/post).

See? Each one has a uniquely specific purpose. I will probably get a TT bike next season, just something like the Cannondale Slice. The wife and I have been looking to get into triathlons and with the baby due in December we'll both be looking to get into a more organized routine in the spring.

I've been buying tons of tools to do all of my own work myself and can do everything but build wheels these days. Hiring a full time mechanic probably would have been cheaper.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Parker Fly Mojo
    Rig: Orange OR50

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Of course I have three trail bikes!

Far left on the double stand: Wife's XC hardtail on the bottom, her carbon CX bike on top.

My stuff on the ground:

L-R:
    Trance - All Mountain, good for gnarly days out on enduro type terrain, 160mm front 140mm rear)
    Sherpa - My every day bike, it's 27.5+ with full suspension and 3" tires. It's awesome. So comfy.
    Fatboy - Fatbike. For snow and whatnot.
    Scalpel - 100mm XC race geometry. Fast as hell and tries to kill you while riding it, but it's 2x11 and geared/tired to hammer XC stuff.
    Slate - Lefty gravel/cross bike, thing is awesome and I spend most of my "road" rides on it these days on a local rail trail.
    Glory - 200mm of DH, uh, glory.

And the Stigmata in the front on the trainer, which is my "road" bike even though it's technically a CX bike. It has carbon wheels and an Enve aero cockpit on it (bars/stem/post).

See? Each one has a uniquely specific purpose. I will probably get a TT bike next season, just something like the Cannondale Slice. The wife and I have been looking to get into triathlons and with the baby due in December we'll both be looking to get into a more organized routine in the spring.

I've been buying tons of tools to do all of my own work myself and can do everything but build wheels these days. Hiring a full time mechanic probably would have been cheaper.
    Man I wish I lived somewhere where I could use so many bikes! How much does the Stigmata weigh then? Sure you aren't missing a sub 7kg road bike too?

I really like the idea of getting a Slate like you have, but realistically in this country there aren't many if any gravel roads, and most off road trails around here either quickly descend into MTB territory, or are totally doable on a road bike. Plus it would definitely need full mudguards and that would totally ruin it

I must admit working as a mechanic has saved me loads. I also never have to do without a bike for a week or so waiting for it to be serviced

I just built up a cheap CX frame out of bits I had lying around and at the workshop, I think I only paid for the frame, tyres and brakes! Cantis really do suck though

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

Update time...

Fuji SL.jpg

2017 Fuji SL 1.1 Disc (carbon), frame up build. A mix of SRAM Red and Force, it's got hydraulic disc brakes, Light Bike clinchers, and Maxxis Padrone TR 28c tubeless tires. The hoops are wide (21mm internal), stretching out the tires to nearly 30mm. It weighs in around 16.5lbs.

Fuji Cross.jpg

2015 Fuji Cross. This was originally 2x10 with mechanical discs, but I converted it to 1x11 and hydraulic discs. It's got a 42T narrow wide chain ring and a ridiculous 11-42 cassette. I'm using Maxxis Rambler 40c tubeless tires, which are great on gravel but still roll pretty fast on pavement.

GT Sensor.jpg

2015 GT Sensor. Pretty much everything but the headset and stem have been replaced on this. It's got a 160mm RockShox Pike up front now, which is pretty much the best trail fork ever. It's ridiculous how well it soaks up big hits.

Salsa Beargrease.jpg

2017 Salsa Beargrease (carbon). I ripped off the stock mechanical discs and replaced them with XT hydraulics, and converted it to tubeless.. Everything else is bone stock. This is a fatty with an racey XC geometry, so it's ridiculously fun all year long.
    Noodles

So live for today,
    Tomorrow never comes.
    Die young, die young,
    Can't you see the writing in the air?
    Die young, gonna die young,
    Someone stopped the fair.

I didn't post this yet. I got a DH bike. It's fun as fuck.

ME: PRS CE22
    MA: Richard Cogger Classical
    MB: Fender Bulletbass
    Rig: Mesa Mark V/TA30

Jealous as fuck of that Glory. I've taken a few laps with my buddies and it put BAS to another level for me. Just eats up berms and chunder and was surprisingly easy to take off the ground.

Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen.