Metal Guitarist Forums banner
13K views 43 replies 18 participants last post by  1 
#1 ·
We had this thread in the car and bike forum, clearly we need one for the pedal variety. Post your bikes! :metal:

Here's my stable.

2014 Giant Trance Advanced 27.5 (Carbon):

2016 Santa Cruz Stigmata (Carbon):

2014 Specialized Fatboy:

2012 Felt Z5 (Carbon):

2015 Giant Revolt:

2016 Rocky Mountain Sherpa (Carbon):

And my old 2012 Cannondale Scalpel 29, which I sold last year:

See less See more
#6 ·
Ooooo! I'll play!

The sandblasted raw 2014 Stolen Bike Co. Gold 24. Full kit all around ride.

And the OG 2014 Stolen Bike Co. Gold 24. And by OG I mean this is the first of it's kind. Stolen bikes was kind enough to grace me with the original proto frame and fork. This is the brake-less street/park ride.

Complete with an NOS Pontiac Trans Am Firebird decal on the head tube that I added in honor of my late brother. :metal:

I'd go into a parts breakdown but nobody here rides BMX hence they wouldn't give a shit. :lol:

#8 ·
Number one:
Scott Foil Team Issue with Shimano Ultegra Di2/Dura Ace groupset. Usually has a set of carbon tubular 50mm wheels (bought cheaps from china - ride really well).
Very bling and only comes out when it's dry and sunny. Built it up myself from the frameset. Super stiff and responsive, and handles like it's on rails. Way too good a bike for a mere mortal like me!
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel

Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel rim

Bicycle Sky Cloud Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

Number two:
Boardman Pro Carbon with full Shimano 105 10 speed groupset. Campagnolo Eurus wheels.
Got the frameset cheap as it was cracked in the toptube, repaired it myself with a kit off the internet and built it up by swapping parts from another bike.
This is when I finished it, don't do yellow tyres anymore!:
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel rim

Bicycle Wheel Cloud Sky Land vehicle

A more recent picture:
Bicycle Tire Cloud Wheel Sky

Number three:
Cannondale Synapse alu, Shimano 105 groupset. Recently added an Ultegra chainset. Basically my winter/all rounder bike as it's the only one with a compact chainset and mudguards.
Had various sets of wheels, at the mo running some cheap wheels but I have a set of Campagnolo Zondas spare to pop on it for big hilly rides.
Bicycle Water Wheel Tire Sky

Bicycle Wheel Plant Tire Bicycle wheel

Fixie/commuter:
Genesis Flyer steel frame. 46x17 fixed. Riding fixed is ace, get one! Has a carbon fork now (steel fork was rather harsh over the shitty roads around here), and I put some bullhorn bars on it.
Bicycle Tire Wheel Cloud Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

29er:
Boardman pro 29er, Shimano XT. My first proper mountain bike! Though I've not really ridden it much to be honest as I've had an injury blighted year so far. Hoping to take it on some epic adventures though.
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel rim

Bonus bike:
Specialized Tricross Sport. This bike lives in France these days! It handles like a truck, it's a size too small for me, and it only has 1 chainring but I love it. It was my first proper bike, and It's been on pretty much all of my most memorable long rides!
Bicycle Wheel Cloud Tire Sky

Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Sky

#11 ·
2006 Santa Cruz Superlight

780mm RaceFace bars, 60mm RaceFace stem. 1x9 setup with a RaceFace 32t in the front. KS861 cheapie dropper. Fox Float R in the back and Marzocchi Z1 CR up front (old school stuff). Heavy cheap wheels. Shimano Saint pedals. Chris King headset Love it overall but it's getting harder to find compatible upgrade parts that are worth dropping the money on. Hopefully will get a brand new bike next season.

2009 Specialized Allez

105 groupset. Bontrager XLite III wheels. Aluminum Frame/Carbon Fork. I believe the seatpost is an Easton Carbon. Cane Creek headset.

Hoping for a Framed Minnesota 2.0 this fall :D but we'll see. Might just save that money to toss towards a new mountain bike next summer (Bronson CC probably!)

#15 ·
Man, I've been woefully bad about updating this... :lol:

Here are the new bikes the wife and I bought:

Mine is the black 2015 Fuji Cross 3.0 LE; carbon fork, SRAM Apex shifters and derailleurs, Promax mechanical disc brakes with 160mm/140mm rotors, FSA Gossamer 46/36 crankset, Oval bars/headset/seatpost, and SRAM PG1070 11-28 cassette. I've been using the stock knobbies for gravel grinds, but use Gatorskins on the road. Hers is the white 2014 Fuji Cross 2.0 LE; carbon fork, SRAM Rival shifters and derailleurs, TRP SPYRE-C mechanical disc brakes with 160mm/140mm rotors, FSA Gossamer crankset with Praxis 46/36, Oval bars/headset/seatpost, and SRAM PG1070 11-28 cassette. Same thing with the tires here, although the chances of her taking it off tarmac are really low.

Of course, I totally blinged them out with anodized parts. Hope QR skewers, rotor bolts, chainring bolts, stem caps, derailleur puleys, and cable end caps. Mine in red, hers in blue. The stock Oval saddles were shit, so they got ditched for a WTD Speed Pro Gel on mine and a Selle Italia Women's Diva Gel Flow Saddle on hers. She's not running clipless yet, but mine has Time ATAC XC6 pedals in white (because the previous bike was white).

#26 ·
Haha :lol:
Do you have three trail bikes?
In my mind I can justify the road (ish), downhill, cx/gravel, xc MTB, fatbike, but then three trail bikes? :lol::lol::lol:
I hope you don't get into road riding seriously, cos then you would also need a fast road bike that only comes out in the summer, a winter road bike with mudguards, a touring bike, a TT bike and a fixed gear bike for riding to the pub/shops.
Keep up the good work, and let me know when you need your own full time mechanic :lol:

#29 ·
Update time...

Bicycle Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel Wheel

2017 Fuji SL 1.1 Disc (carbon), frame up build. A mix of SRAM Red and Force, it's got hydraulic disc brakes, Light Bike clinchers, and Maxxis Padrone TR 28c tubeless tires. The hoops are wide (21mm internal), stretching out the tires to nearly 30mm. It weighs in around 16.5lbs.

Bicycle Tire Cloud Wheel Sky

2015 Fuji Cross. This was originally 2x10 with mechanical discs, but I converted it to 1x11 and hydraulic discs. It's got a 42T narrow wide chain ring and a ridiculous 11-42 cassette. I'm using Maxxis Rambler 40c tubeless tires, which are great on gravel but still roll pretty fast on pavement.

Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Plant

2015 GT Sensor. Pretty much everything but the headset and stem have been replaced on this. It's got a 160mm RockShox Pike up front now, which is pretty much the best trail fork ever. It's ridiculous how well it soaks up big hits.

Tire Bicycle Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Land vehicle

2017 Salsa Beargrease (carbon). I ripped off the stock mechanical discs and replaced them with XT hydraulics, and converted it to tubeless.. Everything else is bone stock. This is a fatty with an racey XC geometry, so it's ridiculously fun all year long.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.