Metal Guitarist Forums banner

So I got a helmet ***. (Videos!)

Tags
cam helmet
12K views 108 replies 21 participants last post by  1 
#1 ·

Granted this isn't as interesting as watching young kids crush downhill trails out at Whistler, but it's still pretty damn cool. :lol:

#3 ·
The GPS stats on the right are juuust a hair out of sync with the VIRB, because I synced the GPS with my computer clock (d'oh) instead of the proper GPS clock. Live and learn, but not bad for my first try with it. I have a couple more videos coming, of course. :D

I did end up losing some cool ones because I tried to operate it while it was on my head. Instead of taking a video of a few cool trails, I took a picture of my hand in front of the lens instead of starting the video recording. :lol:

#16 ·
Honestly, if your bike already has a front fork, ride some XC stuff with Chris and see if you really like it before you drop a bunch of money on a new bike. Good mountain bikes are literally twice as expensive as their road going cousins.

#20 ·
Thanks for the videos Chris - I'll watch them later (when I have more time).

But about those bar ends - I COMPLETELY agree w/Chris and Noodles. That picture that Noodles posted - if you'd add about 5" between the trees, that same thing occurs on the trails near me, in many places. I have to creep through there or I hit the tree. It's more common than not.

Bar ends in my area - that's asking for major body damage.

#22 ·
#24 ·
:lol: Watched the first 30 seconds, but I'll watch the whole thing tonight when I'm home. :D

If you'll swallow your pride and consent to taking that thing out on your road bike, we'll have to shoot some footage of us bombing down something. :lol:

(Killer choice on the soundtrack!)

#25 ·
:lol: Watched the first 30 seconds, but I'll watch the whole thing tonight when I'm home. :D

If you'll swallow your pride and consent to taking that thing out on your road bike, we'll have to shoot some footage of us bombing down something. :lol:

(Killer choice on the soundtrack!)
I think I'm actually going to return it and get the VIRB Elite. :lol: It's $100 more but has native GPS and some other features that'd be pretty cool to have. I can see myself using this a lot in the winter.

#28 ·
Yeah, trying to figure out where I want the camera to be - it's a little too far down in this one IMO, a little too far up in the other. The viewfinder on it is the size of a fuckin' postage stamp and not backlit, so it's hard to tell until I see the video later on.

I got a bar mount for it and a side-of-the-helmet mount, will try those next.

#40 ·
Behold a new video, with even more music that Dave will hate! :yesway:

This was somewhat challenging because I had to chase my buddy around on my fat bike while he was on his full suspension enduro rig. :lol: I had to keep up, and keep him in the frame. Did an alright job and managed not to hit anything! :woohoo:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.