Bike Recommendations - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bike Recommendations

ME: Ibanez RG3120
    MA: Breedlove Pursuit Concert
    MB: Ibanez SRFF805
    Rig: Mesa/Boogie Road King

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I switched to these a while back for flats, because they're super freakin' thin. I only run them on my DH bike now though (I clip in on everything else), so I have three extra pairs of them.

SHOP ULTIMATE PEDALS | Canfield Brothers Online Store
    Those look nice, I might have to snag a pair for my road bike. I don't clip in because it is my everyday commuter too so carrying an extra pair of shoes all the time would be a pain.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: PRS CE22
    MA: Richard Cogger Classical
    MB: Fender Bulletbass
    Rig: Mesa Mark V/TA30

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I switched to these a while back for flats, because they're super freakin' thin. I only run them on my DH bike now though (I clip in on everything else), so I have three extra pairs of them.

SHOP ULTIMATE PEDALS | Canfield Brothers Online Store
    My only complaints on the saints are the thickness, but I'm using 170 mm cranks instead of 175 now so that should help with pedal strikes. The line pros will probably go back on once the shop replace the spindle with one that isn't being recalled due to being failure prone They just look a lot nicer since most of the finish is worn off the saints.

I'm the wierdo who uses flats on his xc bike and clips at the bike park.

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Axe-Fx II / 5150

Quote Originally Posted by bulletbass man View Post
    My only complaints on the saints are the thickness, but I'm using 170 mm cranks instead of 175 now so that should help with pedal strikes. The line pros will probably go back on once the shop replace the spindle with one that isn't being recalled due to being failure prone They just look a lot nicer since most of the finish is worn off the saints.

I'm the wierdo who uses flats on his xc bike and clips at the bike park.
    I run 165mm cranks on my DH bike, it definitely helps. That was my one gripe with the saints too. You'd probably love the canfields, they are suuuuuuuuuuper thin.

I go too big at the bike park from time to to clip in, I've saved my ass more than once by bailing out on a jump and letting the bike take the ride off the lip without me.

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

Quote Originally Posted by metalheadpunk View Post
    Those look nice, I might have to snag a pair for my road bike. I don't clip in because it is my everyday commuter too so carrying an extra pair of shoes all the time would be a pain.
    Get thre XT treking pedals. Flats on one side, clips on the other.

ME: 1990-91 Ibanezes
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SR500
    Rig: Laney IRT Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Get thre XT treking pedals. Flats on one side, clips on the other.
    I bought Shimano's entry level version of those and have been really happy with them. Generally I use the clips for any longer rides/commutes, and the flats for going to the store/riding into town for a beer (although I've been thinking about not being clipped in at all when riding in the city because of people randomly stopping without a reason, pedestrians randomly walking into the bikelane, cars randomly turning into the bikelane etc.)

https://bike.shimano.com/en-EU/produ...0/PD-M324.html
    "How can less be more? It's impossible. More is more."
    -Yngwie J. Malmsteen

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

I threw a set of these on a buddy's commuter bike a while back, as kind of a good compromise between a flat and a clipless - it's got a larger platform than the normal SPD pedal so if you're riding in flats it's a lot more managable, but it's still dual sided so you don't have to worry about which side you're trying to clip into.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/u...||prd|493072US
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

ME: PRS CE22
    MA: Richard Cogger Classical
    MB: Fender Bulletbass
    Rig: Mesa Mark V/TA30

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I threw a set of these on a buddy's commuter bike a while back, as kind of a good compromise between a flat and a clipless - it's got a larger platform than the normal SPD pedal so if you're riding in flats it's a lot more managable, but it's still dual sided so you don't have to worry about which side you're trying to clip into.

Shimano XT M8020 Trail Wide Platform Pedals | Chain Reaction Cycles
    I use these, have done bike park laps with them in sneakers one time I forgot my shoes. Used to commute with them in dress shoes or sneakers. Definitely a good choice if you want a performance pedal but don't want to be married to clips for getting around town.