#1 ·
Post up what you've done for workout. :flex:

Today:

AMRAP in 20 minutes:
5 KBS (24kg)
10 Burpees
15 Air Squats

#757 ·
I haven't been updating this one very much. This week has been a change of pace from our regular "big lifts" with percentages. Essentially a deload week working on more technique oriented lifts.

Monday:

Bulgarian Split Squat, 4 x 8 (per leg) @ 115 lbs

5 rounds (not for time, but more technique oriented)

10 strict ring dips
12 goblet squats @ 70 lbs
15 box jumps with mandatory step down
Mandatory 1:00 rest

Then

300 second heavy farmer hold

Today:

Turkish get-ups, 3 x 3 @ 25 lb dumbbell, 35 lb kettlebell, 45 lb barbell

Kettlebell swings, 3 x 5 @ 25, 35, 45 lbs

5 Rounds
10 m bear crawl
10 burpees
10 m bear crawl
1:00 rest

#761 ·
Good deal man. Check out what I picked up for a demo.

It's pretty nice. Very powerful and plenty of spin, almost like a cross between the APD and Pure Drive. It's about an ounce lighter than I weight my rackets, though, so I'll be more interested in checking out the Tour version when it comes out later this fall, but it's a pretty fun stick.

Most likely your coaches are rating you into a system like we have here in the US.

NTRP | USTA

#762 · (Edited)
Cool! It's always fun to try new racquets. The new strings i put on my APD (RPM blast @ 27 kg tension) felt pretty good. I was a bit worried the tension would be too high, but I had good control on the shots and they weren't too slow either.

I just noticed that I will miss next week's session. I bought tickets for Opeth's 25th anniversary tour a few months ago and of course it's at the same time as the tennis. :mad: Hopefully there's a free spot in some other coaching group at some point.

#763 ·
The new strings i put on my APD (RPM blast @ 27 kg tension) felt pretty good.
That's about 60 lbs, and there's nothing wrong with that. I know plenty of guys who string higher than that. RPM blast is known to potentially cause arm issues if it's strung very high for people just starting out, though. This is mainly because before kinetic chain technique starts to get incorporated, they're arming a lot of their shots. Also, depending on the stringer/stringing equipment, true tensions can vary drastically no matter what they initially have the dial on.

I use full bed polys, typically from 48 to 52. Some guys like Jack Sock string in the 30's! Another popular thing to do is a hybrid of the poly in the mains and something like a synthetic gut or multifilament in the crosses. This will give you most of the advantages of the poly, but it will be a little easier on your arm in the long run.

#767 ·
Good deal man. New shoes feel great the first few days. I will tell you this, though... I don't know how much you play, but you will go through shoes like crazy. I only get a few months out of each pair, and I'm about due for another. On a side note, I'm 5 and 1 this season, have my last regular season match Wednesday, and have pretty much got the playoffs locked.

#768 ·
Good luck with the match! 5-1 is a pretty damn good record.

The club I've been training with has a team in the lowest competitive league in Finland, so I think I'll be checking the possibilities of joining that team when the outdoor season starts. It would be pretty nice to play some matches. I still need to improve my consistency and serve a bit before that though (who doesn't? :lol: ).

About the shoes: The indoor shoes I've been using until now have held up pretty well, so. I hope the new ones will last a while. I guess it depends a lot on running styles and so on.

#769 ·
BTW, I just watched Finland's greatest ever tennis player, Jarkko Nieminen, play his last career match against Roger Federer. Federer won 7-6 7-6, but more importantly it looked like both were having fun out there. Pretty cool of Federer to take the time to play an exhibition match while the season is still going on. :yesway:

#772 ·
Warmup consisting of various shit like air squats, overhead squats, good mornings, pass throughs, etc.

Skill: 1RM banded box squat. You basically have bands on the ends of the barbell to give it tension, wide stance like sumo dead lift, and you lower slowly to a sitting position then come back up. I do not like this lift and am not comfortable with it at all so I only did 245#

Accessory: 10 walking weighted lunges, 20 sumo deads at 40% 1RM

WOD: CF Open 12.1 workout. 7 minutes of burpees with 6 inch touch above extended reach when coming up. So forcing a 6 inch minimum vertical jump on the burpee. This was a blast. For 7 minutes straight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.