Metal Guitarist Forums banner

I broke Rule #49 -- All Night Long

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Drew 
#1 ·
For the cyclists here, that remember "The Rules", I broke Rule #49 in a bad way. I'm in SLC (Family is still in NoIL) on a short-term contract, so I put "proper" tires on the MTB, and since I have none of my usual tools, I had to turn the bike upside-down to adjust the brakes, SIS, etc. May the Velominati forgive me, but I wrapped-up, and just went to bed.

Paid my penance today. HR says I burned over 1,000 cals in just under 7 miles :flex:, but the FitBit tracker called it a "leisurely" ride because I averaged under 10 mph. :fawk:

I'll have to compare how Strava rates the same ride next time.

#3 ·
While one should not knowingly encourage another rider to break the rules, that one's a little tough to avoid while, say, doing a roadside tube change.

#6 ·
Didn't read through all those rules but that #49 is stupid. I've gotten flats while on the road. It made a hell of a lot more sense to me to flip it upside down and rest the bike on the saddle & handlebar so I could get the wheel off as opposed to leaving it upright and pulling the wheel off, downward. It's a damn bike - the people who make those "rules" apparently have their undies in a bunch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.