First day without a cigarette! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First day without a cigarette!

Good luck and keep strong.

First week is the easiest (at least to me it was), Second week is the worst. Initially we have the stamina of quitting it and are super motivated to do it, second week the Brain really starts to eager for the damn thing but dont give up or you will fail.

DONT Get tempted to try it just once or a simple puff, its a huge step back, because now its just one puff and later on its two and when you know it you got back to it.

You will notice that you will do more physical things and get less tired, in fact I lost weight when I quited because I could walk a lot more and started doing it. Food will start to taste different and for the better, morning breath will also improve

Been 12 years since I quited for good, cant stand the smell of a cigarette anymore or going out and next day all my clothes smell like the damn things... try not to distract yourself with food, get a pick and play air guitar, the habit of having something between our fingers is also a though one to let go and the sensation of missing something after having a coffee also stays for a while, but it will pass sooner than you think.

Once again, BEST of LUCK and dont give up!

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

^^

good points.

remember ... no one ever craves a pack of cigs, just the next one. Seems too simple, but all you have to do is put off having that next one.

Do that for a while and it flips and becomes so that you have to make a conscious effort to actually have one.
    Spoiler
    Jesus dies at the end....

ME: Ibanez JEM7V
    MA: Enema Bag W/Piezo's

So much good stuff here, guys, thank you!

I'm still doing the one-a-day thing, making one cig last me an entire day. Last night it was INSANE at work and I had to take a step outside to reset myself and on the way out the door, I saw one of our regulars who I know is a smoker and asked him for one....stepping over my one-a-day rule. I lit it, took 4 drags off it then stomped it out, realizing that I didn't actually want the cigarette itself, I just wanted a break from the craziness.

Night time is the worst. I just don't get tired at night. My anxiety level has been a LOT higher lately, normally I'd just smoke a little pot to get myself to sleep but the past week, one or two hits from a bowl will send me right into a fit of anxiety that I can't get out of.

I'm starting to smell it on my clothes now, which I could never do before....I'm going to have to change out my entire wardrobe to get rid of that shit. I'm just so anxious to be done with it entirely. At this point in the week, I would have already had 75-80 cigarettes, right now I'm up to 3.5....that's a pretty big drop off.
    "It's ONE WHOLE MILLIMETER"

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

I just realized that you’re quitting smoking AND making a major dietary change at the same time. What made you tackle two big changes at the same time? Just don’t want to see you setting yourself up to fail like that, buddy.

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Axe-Fx II / 5150

Just get an eCig and smoke the hell out of it man. One a day never works for anyone, ever. Get off the regular cigs, then get off the nicotine slowly.

Two weeks on the eCig and your sinuses and lungs will clear out to the point that a real one will make you absolutely nauseous.

Not trying to be preachy, I just failed like 90000 times trying everything you’ve said.

ME: Ibanez JEM7V
    MA: Enema Bag W/Piezo's

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    I just realized that you’re quitting smoking AND making a major dietary change at the same time. What made you tackle two big changes at the same time? Just don’t want to see you setting yourself up to fail like that, buddy.
    I'm also making a pretty big career change in the next few weeks as well.

I've spent 35 years doing a whole lot of nothing. I've taken advantage of the time I've had here and squandered away most of it. This time last year, I was sleeping on a couch in the guest room at my buddy's house and had no clue what I was going to do next. Then I ended up on a couch at my dad's place and it was a pretty big wake up call that I had accomplished absolutely nothing in life but I also learned a lot of good things about myself during that time, stuff I needed to know for myself that would allow me to move forward. And then I started moving forward, quickly, at that. Got a car, saved up for a down payment on a house, got my credit in order, worked things out with my fiance, whom I was separated from at the time. I was so miserable at my father's house, I won't even get into that fucking nightmare, but that was my rock bottom. That all started January 3rd of 2017....now I'm engaged and a homeowner, I'm enjoying the fuck out of life and I owe a lot of that to my fiance, Jackie. This woman has stood beside me at my absolute worst and never gave up for 10 years. I want to keep on enjoying life and actually start getting shit done. My health was a big reason I had no motivation to do anything, mentally and physically.

The dietary change is fucking awesome. I'm excited about every meal I make and I feel better, physically than I ever have. I've lost 15lbs. in 3 weeks. I ate like shit before this and have sat at 185, pretty much without wavering for the last 5 years. This was only a challenge for the first week because I wasn't in a setting where I could just cook what I wanted and I was still being picky about things. Now this is something I look forward to.

Smoking is something I've wanted to quit doing for a few years but never really tried, aside from when I was vaping for a month. It's just time to do it.

I've also been a heavy pot smoker for the last 23 years and find myself smoking a LOT fuckin' less than I ever have before. This time last year I was smoking a 1/4 a week by myself and now the woman and I are making an 1/8th last more than a week.

I guess I just have a lot of ambition and energy from all those years of being a fuck-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Just get an eCig and smoke the hell out of it man. One a day never works for anyone, ever. Get off the regular cigs, then get off the nicotine slowly.

Two weeks on the eCig and your sinuses and lungs will clear out to the point that a real one will make you absolutely nauseous.

Not trying to be preachy, I just failed like 90000 times trying everything you’ve said.
    So far, it's working because I'm getting rippin' fuckin' headaches when I smoke now, just like I did when I first started smoking. Plus my heart-rate jumps way up after half a smoke. I might grab an eCig tomorrow cuz I've got the EPA test I'm taking and then a full weekend of driving in a car, it'll be nice to have that in the car.