2018 "Get in Shape" Workout Goals Thread - Page 48
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748

Thread: 2018 "Get in Shape" Workout Goals Thread

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

Finished the year at 3,200 miles, and managed to hit two late season goals I set myself - get over 200 hours on the bike, and get over 200k feet of climbing. It took an epic Zwift ride on their 55-mile, ~7000 foot "four horsemen" loop across all four timed KOMs to hit that, which on a Wahoo Kickr is a brutal ride.

Speaking of, time for a 2019 thread...
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Ahh yeah, it's that time again.

1) I basically drank my way through the first year of the Trump presidency, so I'm up 10 pounds on the year, and 20 from my lows 2 years ago mid-summer. I want to get down at least 10-15 pounds.
    2) I've got all my usual cycling goals, and will probably up my 3k target back to 3500 (which I came within maybe 150 miles of hitting anyway).
    3) The big new goal this year - a buddy of mine is putting together a team for the 2018 Ragnar Reach the Beach, and I've agreed to run with him. So, this is going to be the year I become a runner, or decide once and for all I hate running. I haven't yet, but will be signing up for a mid-May half marathon as part of my training (since, all in, I'll be running 15-20 miles as part of the Ragnar, across a handful of legs).
    4) The complicating factor and the reason I haven't signed up yet - I'm having shoulder surgery in one week to fix a torn labrum at the point where my bicep connects to the labrum. I assume I'll be able to ride on a trainer with my hands off the bars or one hand in a sling almost immediately after surgery, and should be able to run on a treadmill within a couple months of surgery. I'll need to confirm that, though. I'm 6 months from contact support recovery, but I'm hopeful I'll be able to ride outdoors on the road by spring. Otherwise, training indoors for the B2VT will be a bitch.
    5) I guess a final goal is not tearing anything else that will require surgery.

Also, I'll add a 2019 goal: https://everesting.cc/the-rules/
    I guess to go through these point by point -

1) I'm at 188 today, down from around 200 at start of year and a peak of 205. Check.
    2) Finished the year at 3200 miles, after being kept out of the saddle from January thru April or so. Check.
    3) The team never came together, but I DID run that half, and I don't mind running nearly as much as I used to. Half check.
    4) Yeah, this recovery definitely took a lot longer than I'd hoped, and even once I was cleared to ride I was in PT two week days a week through July, which got in the way of training. Not really a goal, so no status here.
    5) I DID hurt my leg training for the half but that cleared up. Check.
    6) I didn't make the progress towards this I wanted to this season - it ended up more being about getting back into riding shape than setting new highs, which thankfully I did - I finally cracked 300 watts in a FTP test about a month ago, over my previous all time high of 298.

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Fractal / Kemper / 5150

All of the people who said that having a baby makes it impossible to workout can kiss my ass, because Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

My goal from back in January:

Quote Originally Posted by me
    I'm shooting for a modest 3000 miles / 250 hours. Limited schedule for a few months but once he's in daycare in April I'll have a good amount of time to get out each day.
    And I ended up at:

- 387 hours exercising (the stat I actually care about)
    - 3880 all purpose miles this year

378 total hours working out, 295 days with a logged workout. That's mostly mountain biking, with a handful of road biking, running and swimming, and an average of 5 days a week working out. I'm still up 10 pounds from my ideal weight, not because of bad diet but mostly because we eat dinner way too late at night after the baby goes to bed. And because Christmas cookies taste awesome. Nothing I can't burn off for the spring though.

Everyone who has a kid and says they can't find time to exercise is just making excuses for being lazy.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    All of the people who said that having a baby makes it impossible to workout can kiss my ass, because Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.
    Present them.

(seriously, killer season, man!)

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

A buddy and I decided to finish the year with a metric on December 30th. I did a lap around my neighborhood to prevent being Stravowned, and it put me at 5000.0 miles for the year. So, I didn't ride New Year's Eve. I did finish the year with over 368,000' of climbing, and a shit ton (for me) of long rides; two double metrics, four centuries, and fifteen metrics.

My only real regret is I didn't get much mountain bike riding in, thanks to having the wettest year on record since we started recording it back in 1871. We got around 66 inches of rainfall, beating the previous record by five inches. It means my mountain bikes spent a lot of time sitting in the garage.
    Noodles

So live for today,
    Tomorrow never comes.
    Die young, die young,
    Can't you see the writing in the air?
    Die young, gonna die young,
    Someone stopped the fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    My only real regret is I didn't get much mountain bike riding in, thanks to having the wettest year on record since we started recording it back in 1871. We got around 66 inches of rainfall, beating the previous record by five inches. It means my mountain bikes spent a lot of time sitting in the garage.
    Thanks, Obama!