Attn. Nick, re: Beeer
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Attn. Nick, re: Beeer

ME: Ibanez RG 550
    MB: Sandberg Ken Taylor 5
    Rig: Diezel Herbert

Attn. Nick, re: Beeer

Nick, please give us details of all those bottles in the fridge in your avatar.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Suhr Modern
    MB: EBMM Stingray 5
    Rig: Axe-Fx 3 / Kemper / 5150

Important thread.

ME: Suhr M5
    MB: Squire Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk V + Axe FX II

Fuck me that pic was a while ago and I may have drank them in quick succession. Let me get back to you.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Upon a quick glance you have a kasteel dunkel in there (I am a huge fan of Belgian beer and this is my number 1) it's a quadruple at about 11% and has a really sweet toffee type taste to it. Amazing stuff.

The purple bottle was some sort of barrel aged sour stout. I may still have the bottle as it was was sealed and pretty cool. It was really good but heavy going and again 11 or 12 % can get details of brand for anyone interested. Would recommend.

The blue red and yellow label is a coffee stout. Normally I'm into these but this one was a bit dry on the palate (yes I'm that much of a prick about beer) and while it was decent I wouldn't get it again.

There's a delirium tremens I there, and a delirium nocturnum. Both great but not hugely exciting some pedestrian leffe blondes in the back as well
    Last edited by Nick; 03-23-2018 at 10:13 AM.

Oh shit the one on the left with the walking turd on it was a desert beer. Some sort of caramel pudding flavour. It was great and again really heavy going. I had something similar recently that was totally wild. Really sweet and malty but about 14% so heavy stuff. Also tried a peanut butter milk stout recently which was along the same lines.

I think there's a bottle or can of left hand nitro I there as well. Probably my favourite stout or maybe a close second to guiness Antwerp export (the strong stuff made in a Belgian style).
    Last edited by Nick; 03-23-2018 at 01:46 AM.

In short i try so many beers that i cant remember them all. I should start a thread and document them.

ME: Ibanez RGIXL7-ABL
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Fractal Audio AX8

Tonight had 2 beers by a local brewery (The Dudes in Torrance): a peach Berliner Weisse and a coconut porter. Both were amazing. And I also had a raspberry coffee Berliner Weisse called "Raspberry Blush" by the Danish brewery Mikkeller's San Diego branch. THAT was one of the best beers I've had in a long time. Also had the classic Lost Abbey ale "Devotion", which is always a treat.

It's almost like this is a spin-off thread from that beer thread in Off Topic that no one posts in anymore.

Mikkeller are insane. They have a few sour beers (one is Rosehip flavor and I think there is a blackberry one) that are 100% the best on the market but at around $13 per 330ml they are not cheap.

Also Mikkeller

Last edited by Nick; 03-23-2018 at 03:40 PM.