Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Hail! It is I, the Cleric of the Riff!

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  James 
#1 ·
I've been playing guitar for about 8 years. I started off with alternative rock type stuff before getting into metal of all sorts. I currently play a Japanese SG copy I picked up for next to nothing through a Randall Diavlo 45 plugged into a Mesa 4x12, but this rig is far too big for my needs these days and I'm looking to downsize and pick up something voiced a little differently. Definitely going for a looser, fuzzier tone. The goal is an Orange OR15 and a 1x15" cab I'm going to custom build using our wood shop :metal:.

Anywho, I do nothing but RIFF, sometimes in low tunings, but these days in standard E as I find myself focusing more on evil sounding note choice rather than leaning on the sheer heaviness that tuning down to C brings. I'm a fan of SGs and LPs and plan on picking up a used Gibson brand LP sometime in the near future :yesway:.

#7 ·
I've been playing guitar for about 8 years. I started off with alternative rock type stuff before getting into metal of all sorts. I currently play a Japanese SG copy I picked up for next to nothing through a Randall Diavlo 45 plugged into a Mesa 4x12, but this rig is far too big for my needs these days and I'm looking to downsize and pick up something voiced a little differently. Definitely going for a looser, fuzzier tone. The goal is an Orange OR15 and a 1x15" cab I'm going to custom build using our wood shop :metal:.

Anywho, I do nothing but RIFF, sometimes in low tunings, but these days in standard E as I find myself focusing more on evil sounding note choice rather than leaning on the sheer heaviness that tuning down to C brings. I'm a fan of SGs and LPs and plan on picking up a used Gibson brand LP sometime in the near future :yesway:.
SG into an OR15 you say? I think you'll do just fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.