Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Hi from the UK

2K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  7 Dying Trees 
#1 ·
Hi, I am the owner of a fairly well known (at least in the UK) pickup manufacturing company. Thought I'd poke my nose in here, and perhaps be able to answer some pickup related questions and technical issues. I spent most of my serious gigging career (back in the late 70s-80s) in the British heavy metal scene ... now I design pickups and wind them ... we are a tiny company ... just three of us, so everyone mucks in.

#8 · (Edited)
:welcome::dime:

What's the name of the company? Any links to sound tests?
I'm always wary about forum mods not liking people mentioning your company ... but it's Oil City Pickups
I'm the bloke who designed the Oil City Masterwound Blackbird set that has been shipping on Blackmachine B6 guitars

PS.... forum discount could be arranged lol ...

#13 ·
I'm always try to be very sensitive about pushing products ... I'm a regular contributor to a UK Forum ... also under this screen name, and try to put more back in than I take lol. I do photo stories on vintage rewinds, technical stuff on wiring and good soldering etc. I feel that very few people to get to see inside the guts of a real PAF etc, so passing on my experiences is fun :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.