Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Me playing drums live with Starblind =)

779 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Rocka_Rollas 
#1 ·
The drummer of Starblind couldn't attend a certain show so they asked me to fill in for him this occasion.
We only had a couple of rehearsals but I had recorded two of their albums in the past, so I was already very familiar with their material.

Apparently they also multitrack recorded the show so here's one of the songs!

#3 ·
Yeah, they are pretty much the Aria of Sweden :flex:

I think the band may have struggled a bit, because I'm so used to my mega fast speed metal that I must have played all songs 10-20% too fast on stage :lol:

If I'm becoming a drummer in a band some day, I need to fucking use a metronome live because I can't keep my speed down :lol:

This particular was actually one of the better tempo wise... some other songs was kind of ridicolous

#4 ·
Sounds pretty killer man, must have been fun.

On another note, I always find it hilarious/painful when a band does a recording like this but then leaves the vocal track 100% dry and a out in front of the mix like that. Especially with vocals like these...just doesn't work that well through parts of the song.

Still, bet it sounded killer live.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.