New Warwick Day!

Thread: New Warwick Day!

ME: Ibanez RGIB6
    MA: Alvarez P.O.S.
    MB: Warwick
    Rig: Kemper

New Warwick Day!

Maybe I over-did it a bit, lol! Nah...lol! I wasn't really in need of a new bass but you can never have too many It doesn't hurt to find one at half price either Nothing high end, but still nice, Warwick Rockbass Corvette $$. I put on a set a EB 65-130 and this thing hammers the hell out of drop A
    New Warwick Day!-img_1985-jpg
    New Warwick Day!-img_1984-jpg
    New Warwick Day!-img_2002-jpg

No idea why the pics are oriented wrong

2. Thanked by:

3. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

Nice! I've played a couple nice Warwicks over the years. Did you have to mess with the nut to put a set of strings that heavy on a 4-string?

ME: Ibanez RGIB6
    MA: Alvarez P.O.S.
    MB: Warwick
    Rig: Kemper

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonplayer View Post
    Nice! I've played a couple nice Warwicks over the years. Did you have to mess with the nut to put a set of strings that heavy on a 4-string?
    I'm going to have to make some adjustments at the nut and the bridge eventually. It plays nice as is, but I'm no bass player, lol! I want to get a feel for the strings before I make any adjustments other than neck relief and intonation. I plan on experimenting with different gauges and brands, then give it a proper set up(or at least try to, lol!).

6. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Schecter Loomis
    MA: Ibanez classical
    MB: Ibanez SR400QM
    Rig: Fenders

Very nice! Congrats!

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Fractal / Kemper / 5150

Nice! I had one of those, and ended up selling it to Drew (who still has it, iirc). It sounded awesome, enjoy!

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

Quote Originally Posted by Bohmer View Post
    I'm going to have to make some adjustments at the nut and the bridge eventually. It plays nice as is, but I'm no bass player, lol! I want to get a feel for the strings before I make any adjustments other than neck relief and intonation. I plan on experimenting with different gauges and brands, then give it a proper set up(or at least try to, lol!).
    Interesting. I was asking because I've been messing around with drop-C tuning lately, and I need to set up a bass to match. I don't really want to tune up a 5-string to match, but I also don't want to mess up my 4-strings to try and fit a .130 or similar on the low string.