What does Todd La Torre use on stage to help with his vocals?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What does Todd La Torre use on stage to help with his vocals?

ME: Ibanez RG 550
    MB: Sandberg Ken Taylor 5
    Rig: Diezel Herbert

What does Todd La Torre use on stage to help with his vocals?

I saw Queensr˙che the other week and have been wondering if anyone here knows...

Apart from drinking water, he was taking what looked like wads of damp tissue paper out of his mouth and putting them in a plastic beer cup on the backline. Could it have been soaked in something to reduce swelling of the vocal chords?

It was really hot and humid in the club, which might have had something to do with it. Killer voice and range, whatever he was doing to get it.

I'd hardly ever even listened to the band before but came away impressed with a number of earworms. Great songs well played. I'm now happily exploring their back catalogue.

2. Thanked by:

3. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH

I have no idea what a rock singer might put in his nose to get through a show.

What does Todd La Torre use on stage to help with his vocals?-dr-rockso-thumb-jpg
    Vag Jackson, Man Of Action

ME: Blackmachine
    Rig: Helix/Matrix/Zilla

Quote Originally Posted by bigdave View Post
    I have no idea what a rock singer might put in his nose to get through a show.

What does Todd La Torre use on stage to help with his vocals?-dr-rockso-thumb-jpg
    That's exactly the last thing I'd be using to keep my voice fully operational

6. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    he was taking what looked like wads of damp tissue paper out of his mouth
    The only appropriately metal answer would be the Shroud of Turin.
    Argbadh - RHLC©

ME: Ibanez JEM7V
    MA: Enema Bag W/Piezo's

He's generally pretty responsive on social media, try hitting him up on Twitter or Facebook.

Enjoy! My father and uncle raised me on Ryche since birth, 36 years later and they're easily one of my favorite bands of all time. You'll eventually run into some really terrible music by them, just pretend those don't exist. Some of it wasn't even written by members of Queensryche. Once they booted Tate out they resumed kicking much ass.
    "It's ONE WHOLE MILLIMETER"

ME: Ibanez RG 550
    MB: Sandberg Ken Taylor 5
    Rig: Diezel Herbert

Thanks, Drew, I had been wondering if you'd chime in, being a singer. I would ask La Torre, if I actually used Twitter or Facebook...

Their early stuff has some immense tunes!

ME: Ibanez JEM7V
    MA: Enema Bag W/Piezo's

I'm curious as well so I'll hit him up on Twatter!

You really can't go wrong with The Warning or Rage For Order. As dated as the production is on Rage For Order, they were doing stuff with samples that no one else started doing until years later. It's such a cold feeling record and I fucking love it. The Warning is straight up rockers. Operation: Mindcrime was lightning in a bottle and Empire was basically they're Black Album. I'm a HUGE fan of Promised Land, which some hardcore fans don't dig because it's certainly not full of bangers. I just love the atmosphere on that record and some of the lyrics hit me like a two ton heavy thing.

The last one they did with Todd is easily my favorite of the 3 Todd-era albums. Todd played drums on it as well as Scott Rockenfield seems to be over it these days and did a fantastic job. It's not Scott, but Todd's just as good of a drummer as he is a singer and played some great shit on the newest one.

ME: ESP/LTD DV8-R
    Rig: Kemper

They seem really proud of The Verdict, much more than the last two. Saw them the other night and they played a surprising amount of songs from it. Confused the fuck out of the audience because they didn't touch anything from OM or Empire until like halfway into the set. Regardless, they rocked. La Torre brings it in a way Tate has not since Promised Land. Shame Rockenfield hasn't been with them for about a year, because that was all that was missing.
    C'mon son.

Hellevate