NDD: Alesis Crimson Kit

Thread: NDD: Alesis Crimson Kit

ME: Ibanez 540P
    MA: Ovation Celebrity CS257
    MB: Ibanez SRX2EX1
    Rig: BIAS FX

NDD: Alesis Crimson Kit

My season of spending continues. After Christmas, I was browsing OfferUp and saw an ad for a complete Alesis Nitro Mesh electronic drum kit for $50. A GREAT deal but I hesitated. By the time I decided to get it, it was sold. I kept looking and then found this- an Alesis Crimson kit that was listed for $350. The ad stated that it was missing some items and that was clear from the pictures. That being said, the major parts were all there- all the heads, cymbals, controller, and the frame/hardware. I did some searching on eBay for some of the missing items and decided that even if I had to buy those additionally, I'd still be buying the kit for less than its going rate on the used market. It was still available so I grabbed it.

So I have it- but haven't been able to try anything out yet. The parts generally seem like they're in good condition. The kit drum mesh head has a tear in it from use but I have a replacement head already on order. It's a gamble but I'm hopeful it will work out. This kit can be expanded to include an additional tom and crash cymbal so I plan on adding that down the line. Also, I learned about this product called Drum Splitters which takes a dual-zone drum pad and splits it out into two inputs. This way, you can take a wasted trigger like the rims of your toms and then add a cymbal instead. There are some tradeoffs but I think it will be fine.

2. Thanked by:

3. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Solar A1.6ET
    Rig: Kemper

Wooo! Enjoy!!

ME: Sterling JP70
    MA: Alvarez
    MB: Ibanez Cheapo 9000
    Rig: ADA MP-1 > MB 50/50

Looks really nice!
    [Leon] 10:03 pm: She can poop on my chest anyday

6. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: LTD H7, S540LTD
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: Helix

Sweet! Congrats!

Almost bought one of those for the wife & kid who were saying they wanted to play drums. Found a smoking deal last week on a Simmons SD7PK ($100) and went with it instead. *IF* they play it enough, I'll sell the Simmons and look to get one of these instead.
    Tone Chasers Anonymous ™ - I’m not just a member, I’m the President.
    Don’t expect much, it’s not like I’m a rocket surgeon.