Metal Guitarist Forums banner

NBD: Sterling Stingray

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Phil 
#1 ·
I've been wanting to get a bass for recording/playing bass and finally ordered one. I actually started on bass first and played that for 5+ years before getting my first guitar, but haven't owned a bass since my mid-teens.

Thought about a Squier CV but I always wanted a Stingray when I was a kid and took a gamble on a Sterling Ray4. No regrets - it seems just as good as the CVs I've played, and the neck feels better.

My setup for now is just gonna be an MXR M81 preamp direct into the interface (with whatever guitar pedals I want to use with it... I'm thinking my Black Arts Pharaoh will be a good fit).

A potato pic will have to do for now. Between transitioning back to working at the office and baby who just started walking, I don't know if I'll have the time or motivation to take decent photos of it any time soon. :lol:

bass by Phil Babbey, on Flickr

See less See more
#8 ·
I seriously doubt it. :lol: I'm pretty much always bridge-only with guitar, and back when I did have a bass it was a Jazz, and I always just left every knob on full haha. I'm not big into making adjustments at the guitar, so the single pickup was a plus for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.