Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Just ordered a Dingwall bass

5K views 40 replies 18 participants last post by  shannon 
#1 ·
I got a Combustion 5-string w/ 3-tone sunburst, black/white/black pickguard & maple fretboard. Since I got the hookup, they will be adding some additional tweaks to my bass compared to off-the-shelf basses. Sheldon Dingwall himself is profiling the neck to match the higher-end Afterburner series (nice & thin), adding a passive/active option to the electronics & adding the black/white/black pickguard (normal options are black, white or amber pearloid). I'm going for that vintage 70s Jazz Bass w/ modern flair look. Should be a cool combination. Due to the extra tweaks, it'll take a month to get, but well worth it. :yesway:

I've played several Dingwalls in the last few months & the fanned fret design feels amazing.

Combustion Gallery | Dingwall Guitars

#9 ·
37" long, oh baby! And it even fits in the overhead compartment on planes!

This must be Dingwall week. Matt HighVolumeSeller510 has ordered a blueburst ABZ from BassNW too!

#28 ·
I'm just passing on the story that it was hard to get the strings :lol:

I have *never* broken a bass string in my life, haha.

#30 ·
Daddario makes bass strings that will reach up to 38" scale, depending on where the string starts:
http://www.daddario.com/upload/BassArticle2_1803.pdf

their "super long" bass string sets should work for the low end 37" scale on a dingwall.

after checking the dingwall forums, Sheldon Dingwall himself posted info on string companies that make strings that'll fit a dingwall, and what people have said about the strings relating to the basses specifically :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.