New hobby, shred videos - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: New hobby, shred videos

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

Yeah, +1 on there being essentially no dynamic range - I don't know if that's Youtube, the mix, or the master, though. Like, 0:35 or so, onwards, where the rhythm guitars keep dropping out and leaving room for the slap bass... there should be some sort or perceptible decrease in volume when the guitars go away, and increase when they come back... but to my ears, it's pretty much steady state. The effect is kind of, well, disorienting. Do you hear any differences between a high res stream off Youtube, on your system, and the raw wave file of the finished master?
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C

That's a good catch, it's possible I applied the cd audio master vs the YouTube level Master. YT does sound better with a lower LUFS for sure. I'll have to check later.

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

yeah I'd be curious. It's odd - it doesn't sound brickwalled, as I'm not hearing a lot of ducking (though the occasional artifact here and there, slap bass attacks in particular), but the dynamics are eerily flat. I think this would be a lot punchier and harder hitting if it felt like something was missing when the guitars dropped out, and then it hit you like a ton of bricks when they came back in.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C

Yeah it's probably the cd master audio which I aim for about -7 LUFS however for YouTube and Spotify especially, aiming for -12 to -14 LUFS plays a ton nicer with their limiter. I usually save both in my project directory and may have flipped the wrong one into the video editor.

Some of the bass too is doubled, so in spots where I play an octave up slap bass, I doubled it lower to keep the overall bass of the mix constant.

ME: Swirley Shirley
    MB: Shine POS
    Rig: SLO & Roadkill 2x12

Can't watch this just yet as it's late but I'm leaving a comment so I get notifications incase I forget to check back.
    Please visit and share my guitar gear & DIY Blog
    https://toboy-diy.blogspot.com//

Also if you want a link slapping on there shoot me a PM