Metal Guitarist Forums banner

New hobby, shred videos

13K views 76 replies 29 participants last post by  Toe-Knee 
#1 ·
I don't really care if these get only 20 views and a bunch of downvotes on YT, this vid was so much fun to record and put together. I'm going to go back and do videos for a lot of my older songs and some new ones. I figured I'd start with the heaviest, most 80s speed metal shreddy one first.

#39 ·
Speaking of that guitar, I actually really enjoy using the sustainer, and I didn't think I would. It definitely gives another option for feedback, sustain, or just making a note sound uncontrolled. I thought it matched the singer from Sponge's inflections really well, which is why I did that cover of Plowed.

#51 ·
Thanks! Bridge is an Evo 7, neck is a Liquifire. I like Air Nortons better in the neck, but I'm not changing it out anytime soon, the LF is close enough. The Evo 7 is just badass, it feels responsive when playing, and recordings of it always come out super clear and aggressive.

:lol:

Now this is stuck in my head. Thanks, dick. :lol:
I've heard the song so much recently, my mind starts replacing words with random ones. I need a break from it for awhile, so it was good to get the video done so I can mentally move on to something else. I've been putting this idea together for over a month now.

You should end your shred videos by pointing in the camera and shouting "You've been LuPwn'd!" with lots of special effects.
I've been pressuring Vince to release a solo album titled "inVINCEble" for several years now and he still hasn't done it.
Nice ideas, but I don't have the personality or the time to pull off either of these without looking like a massive ass :lol:

Besides Marco Sfogli already did your idea Greg with "reMARCOble" and I honestly think that title sucks. His music is great though.

#57 ·
Thanks man! Drew, I think, made a comment a while ago about doing less with camera angles and more just playing so I decided to try it out. Also, my older son told me when he's at his biological mom's house he watches these videos when he's feeling homesick, so it was cool to actually have him help me setup and record this one. Got this one done on the second take, that's a new record for me for sure.

#54 ·
I love many things about that, tone, shreddy goodness , gear.... but a great wrist vibrato like that is priceless :yesway: So many bad finger vibratos I see every day, its refreshing to see correct technique on such a important thing.

#66 ·
Oh we're going deeper into the EDM nonsense now. I just laid out all the tools on the table and went at it this past week to create this. I don't even know WTF this is, but I was able to use the FM3 and Dual Rectifier, along with my trusty iPad and bass to create something very strange. It's melodic for sure, but I have no idea where this is going. I just know it's been kinda fun doing something so very different.

Rhythm guitars are the rectifier, crunchy cleans and leads are the FM3. Guitars and bass are tuned to Dropped G&D because I want the damn room to rattle.

#67 ·
Maybe the biggest quarantine project of them all for me, as I've been working on this for about 2 years. I started this originally as a cover song my last band was going to do, then kept the idea when we disbanded. I don't have a band this year, so hell, I'll sing. But since I suck at singing, I'm using a vocoder pedal for a bit more unique voice. I was inspired last night to finally sit down and finish my mix after seeing another thread on here about the Iron Maiden-esque version recently posted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.