In this thread you tell me which cab impulses to get. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In this thread you tell me which cab impulses to get.

ME: JS2000/Warmoth
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SRC6
    Rig: ROV25->Mesa Cabs

Quote Originally Posted by fproject.music View Post
    I recommend the Celestion IRs. Each cab model comes with three mic combinations, all mics together, individual mics, room mics, different mic placement (high gain/low gain on the mic combinations) and four or five mic placements from bright to dark on the individual mics. When comes time to mix everything down, the different options come in handy.

They sound great. I've used these on my upcoming album and you can hear some previews on my youtube channel (see my sig).
    I went for 4x12 cabs. I generally go for the G12-65 model but also used the G12T-75, V30 and Creamback. When doubling guitars, If I used the same cab/speaker, I would at a minimum use different mic options.

Great stuff and affordable.
    This. Great sound, good variety without option paralysis.
    Disclaimer: I work ultra part-time for a local music gear dealer. And as a male plus-sized model for mankinis.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Charvel So Cal
    Rig: Triple Rec

Here are a couple I've made, I don't use anything else. Not because I think these are the best, but because they were made using my own rig, so just makes sense.

Marshall 1960AV

Zilla Super Fatboy
    www.numbskullaudio.com
    Recording. Mixing. Mastering. Editing. Re-Amping.

www.stivesguitarservices.com
    Set-ups. Maintenance. Restoration. Repairs.

ME: Ibanez UV7PWH
    Rig: VHT UL /AxeFX2 /Mesa RK2

Quote Originally Posted by Blankplank View Post
    I'll send you a load on FB when I get 5 bruv
    Yessir That would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    I grabbed the OwnHammer "Heavy Hitters Vol 1" pack, and have been so insanely happy with my tones from their shortlist "A1 Picks" folder that I've not yet delved into all the specific impulses that came with it
    I actually went and bought this late last night, but didn't really have a chance to play with them that much, but did like what I heard. As I'm having to load a limited number onto the torpedo (limited hardware slots), which ones out of the A1 picks are your faves?

Quote Originally Posted by thrashinbatman View Post
    Look into the Sperimental impulse pack. I have a bunch of them, but I always come back to that pack. The Engl ones especially are great. They're free too.
    Where do I get this? Did a google, ended up with loads of "download a random zip file from a random location" thread, which is the equivalenet of "please infect my PC with viruses"

Yeah, I tend to use the SM57/MD421 or SM57/Royer121 mic combos for 90% of my recordings with the Celestion IRs. There are some exceptions. It depends on the mix.

If you do go on my youtube channel to listen to the tones, the guitars on those all went through a plain 'ol JCM800 2204 from 1983, no mods, no pedals on the rhythm tones. Almost no post EQ, just a bit of delay added. I may have used a 1987 Jubilee on some tracks but not on the rhythm. I'd have to check my notes.

BTW, I have real cabs loaded with G12-65, G12T-75, G12-Century, G12H-Anniversary, G12M-25 UK Greenback, G12M Blackbacks from the 70's, G12H-Creamback so I have quite a few real cabs to compare with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Impulse responses are ripe for option paralysis. Honestly, and not because I'm a cheapskate, 10 years of trying to get decent modeled guitar tones and I haven't found anything that sounds better than the free Redwirez cab (Marshall 1960A w/ G12M-25) and the Ownhammer freebie (Mesa w/ V-30s). I haven't found a sound that can't be covered with one or the other or both, between all the mic and placement options. I still use the SM-57 in varying positions for 99% of things.
    Well, bought some ownhammer ones last night, so I'll go hunting for this redwirez one as well

I recommend the Celestion IRs. Each cab model comes with three mic combinations, all mics together, individual mics, room mics, different mic placement (high gain/low gain on the mic combinations) and four or five mic placements from bright to dark on the individual mics. When comes time to mix everything down, the different options come in handy.

They sound great. I've used these on my upcoming album and you can hear some previews on my youtube channel (see my sig).
    I went for 4x12 cabs. I generally go for the G12-65 model but also used the G12T-75, V30 and Creamback. When doubling guitars, If I used the same cab/speaker, I would at a minimum use different mic options.

Great stuff and affordable.
    ok, cool, I'l look into these, i don't mind the occasional splash of cash.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez S970CW
    Rig: 6505+ Head and Cab

"I'm really not going to change to something else just because SSD4 fucks with my ass right now."

- Rocka_Rollas

ME: 1990-91 Ibanezes
    MB: Ibanez SR500
    Rig: Laney IRT Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Mattayus View Post
    Here are a couple I've made, I don't use anything else. Not because I think these are the best, but because they were made using my own rig, so just makes sense.

Marshall 1960AV

Zilla Super Fatboy
    Judging how the clips you've posted here sound, if I can't make my tones sound good with these the problem is between the chair and the keyboard.
    "How can less be more? It's impossible. More is more."
    -Yngwie J. Malmsteen

ME: 1990-91 Ibanezes
    MB: Ibanez SR500
    Rig: Laney IRT Studio

Marshall 1960AV

Zilla Super Fatboy
    I tried these out yesterday - they're great!

For pretty much the first time ever I got a recorded sound that I'm actually pretty satisfied with. Thanks for posting them!

ME: Ibanez UV7PWH
    Rig: VHT UL /AxeFX2 /Mesa RK2

Marshall 1960AV

Zilla Super Fatboy
    Totally missed these, I'll give them a spin later!

ME: Charvel So Cal
    Rig: Triple Rec

No problemo! They blend together really well too!