Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Archetype Plini from Neural DSP

ME: Suhr M5
    MB: Squire Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk V + Axe FX II

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCoy View Post
    a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by mpexus View Post
    I think you are taking this too personal.
    Fucking this.

Again I say, who cares about their business practice, r&d or any of it. Will there be a new plini plug in in 2 years? I'd expect not, but that has no impact on the quality of the current offering.

There is zero chance I will buy it because I prefer the other ones but it's still a great sounding plugin, the dark glass one is fucking great as well.

The reality is you are right, they are marketing it at weak minded idiots who will buy anything they think is the flavour of the month but I'm unsure why that's worth bothering about? Let them get on with it.

Also your point about their products being obsolete is only valid if you subscribe to the 'must have the next best thing' mindset which you dont. So it's not an issue.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

I'm just disappointed I saw the name 'Archetype' on a bandwagony product and it wasn't a Dino sig.
    Argbadh - RHLC©

the same
    sorry now that its not 1 am I have taken the time to fully read your post.

You seem to be alluding to the fact that the marketing scheme for these products is inversely proportional to how good they are by saying their products are all hype. Well I agree that their marketing is relentless, but the fact is the products are actually good, I have tried all of them. The bass vst is as good as my axe fx 2 for bass and it doesn't cost 2 grand, so if you are looking for a very easy to achieve heavy as fuck bass tone - by very easy i mean activate it on your bass DI track and do nothing else, then $100 is reasonable if you ask me.

I think your issue may be that you are getting bombarded with the marketing for all of these. I had that problem also and it gets tiring, so every time I see one now I block it, problem solved.

Let them get their fast money off of idiots who will buy anything with a hyped up brand name attached to it if it means I get good products to buy when I want to.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: ESP MI Custom
    MB: Fender Jazz custom
    Rig: Kemper

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I agree that their marketing is relentless, but the fact is the products are actually good
    Agreed on both counts. I use Nameless and both the bass VST's, they are phenomenal.

Fortin's marketing guy is none other than Zakk Khoury aka Engage/Engage757 aka the guy who got banned here for making crazy claims about having guitars personally gifted by Hetfield in order to become infamous and have people check out his flipping of high-end guitars.

haha unsurprising, to be fair people going into the guitar industry as a method of making money have to be mental at the outset so its not really surprising they engage in insane marketing practices.

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by Lozek View Post
    Fortin's marketing guy is none other than Zakk Khoury aka Engage/Engage757 aka the guy who got banned here for making crazy claims about having guitars personally gifted by Hetfield in order to become infamous and have people check out his flipping of high-end guitars.
    Good to know, I was running the risk of unfairly shit talking a company run by decent people who didn't deserve it for a while there.

I was betting Mehtab was involved in the whole price gauging, "$120 for a single amp VST" dynamic, but Engage is pretty much the same thing.

Neural DSP has a submission form for social media influencers, so if you don't have $120 in cash you can get one with $120 in social media influence.

Or you can just pirate it. You know a company is legit when 75% of the people defending their plugins as "definitely worth the money" either pirated it or got it for free in return for "visibility".

That's as stirring of an endorsement as me saying Audis are definitely the most reliable car brand guaranteed to last you decades even though I don't actually own an Audi.

ME: BOSS guitar.
    MA: BOSS should make one.
    MB: pitched shifted with BOSS
    Rig: All BOSS. All you need.

Good to know, I was running the risk of unfairly shit talking a company run by decent people who didn't deserve it for a while there.

I was betting Mehtab was involved in the whole price gauging, "$120 for a single amp VST" dynamic, but Engage is pretty much the same thing.

Neural DSP has a submission form for social media influencers, so if you don't have $120 in cash you can get one with $120 in social media influence.

Or you can just pirate it. You know a company is legit when 75% of the people defending their plugins as "definitely worth the money" either pirated it or got it for free in return for "visibility".

That's as stirring of an endorsement as me saying Audis are definitely the most reliable car brand guaranteed to last you decades even though I don't actually own an Audi.
    Not only is Engage as bad as Meatlab, but they are or were buddies. I'm sure this is connected somehow.
    I bleed BOSS blue. Yoshi Ikegami is my spirit animal.

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Not only is Engage as bad as Meatlab, but they are or were buddies. I'm sure this is connected somehow.
    It's called multi-level marketing Jeff, it's what all real businessmen do. I mean, sure it looks like the latest in a long series of failed get rich quick schemes by Mehtab and Engage, but I assure you the premise is simple and 100% honest.

You, the influencer, need to make a Youtube video that sells 50 Neural VSTs. In return you will receive a discounted VST.

Once you reach that milestone you are a level 2. If you really hustle and shift some units spamming it non stop on Instagram you can become a Level 3 Neural team member.

At that level you get a canvas tote bag and Mehtab and Engage's new book about how they made it big, "The story of the boutique Djent market: How to Get Other People to Do Your Marketing For You Without Even Realizing It"

Don't be discouraged if you are a level 1 who actually made the decision this landmark product for $120, you are not quite at the same level as the entrenched product shifting pipeline that consists of the same crowd of youtube/instagram influencers who spam every single product, but I assure you the benefits flow downstream.