Mixing vocals? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mixing vocals?

ME: ESP/LTD DV8-R
    Rig: Kemper

Quote Originally Posted by Lozek View Post
    Be careful with Slate products, the software is absolutely brilliant but getting it installed and working carries the same odds as a game of Russian Roulette where the gun has five bullets. If it was reliable I'd be recommending it to you above all else, but I've lost literally weeks trying to get it to work.
    It seems to have gotten better, at least for me, since the last VMR update, but yeah, Slate's stuff can be really buggy. Up to this point I'd have an issue at least once or twice a month that I'd have to stop a session to fix.
    C'mon son.

Hellevate

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

Quote Originally Posted by thrashinbatman View Post
    It seems to have gotten better, at least for me, since the last VMR update, but yeah, Slate's stuff can be really buggy. Up to this point I'd have an issue at least once or twice a month that I'd have to stop a session to fix.
    Their business model is interesting and all, but sort of presupposes you want a suite of hundreds of pricey plugins. If you do, then $14.99 a month compared to a $5,000 Waves bundle is pretty compelling. Myself, though, I'd rather hand-select a couple plugins that I actually want or plan on using, and I'd say the $200 I spent on CLA compressors, maybe about the same on some of the Satson stuff, and then Reaper plugs for the rest has a much faster breakeven point, and that's even before you include the Waves Gold bundle that came with my interface.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

ME: ESP/LTD DV8-R

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Their business model is interesting and all, but sort of presupposes you want a suite of hundreds of pricey plugins. If you do, then $14.99 a month compared to a $5,000 Waves bundle is pretty compelling. Myself, though, I'd rather hand-select a couple plugins that I actually want or plan on using, and I'd say the $200 I spent on CLA compressors, maybe about the same on some of the Satson stuff, and then Reaper plugs for the rest has a much faster breakeven point, and that's even before you include the Waves Gold bundle that came with my interface.
    I'm slowly contemplating dropping my subscription, and just outright buying the few I actually use. Though I think even then I'd have to pay the equivalent of like three or four years of the subscription, so maybe even then the sub is worth it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Les Paul

Rent or buy. I always buy when something is on sale. Renting in the long run you're losing money.