GUITARISTS who compase their shit with GUITAR PRO!?!?!? - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: GUITARISTS who compase their shit with GUITAR PRO!?!?!?

ME: Les Paul
    Rig: Kemper

Quote Originally Posted by Rocka_Rollas View Post
    It was not really a yes or no question
    Yes

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: ESP MI Custom
    MB: Fender Jazz custom

Would James Randi compose on Guitar Pro?

In all seriousness though, I've had to learn some songs in the past that were composed on guitar by non-guitarists. Literally the hardest stuff to learn ever because it just doesn't feel right, no natural flow so it was like a leap into the unknown on what was coming next,

ME: ESP/LTD DV8-R

Quote Originally Posted by Lozek View Post

In all seriousness though, I've had to learn some songs in the past that were composed on guitar by non-guitarists. Literally the hardest stuff to learn ever because it just doesn't feel right, no natural flow so it was like a leap into the unknown on what was coming next,
    WWJRD is a great question to ask yourself in all situations.

I use GuitarPro (technically TuxGuitar) when I write, but it's to tab stuff I write physically on guitar. Years ago I composed within GP but I don't much anymore. It's easier to get my ideas out on a guitar than fumbling through what I think sounds right on that program. The version of TuxGuitar I have is really unintuitive so it makes me spend as little time as possible with it before I go mad.
    C'mon son.

Hellevate

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

Music composing? More like music composting, amirite?
    Argbadh - RHLC©

a buddy of mine uses GP to compose when he gets stuck in a rut. Writing his guitar parts by hand without an instrument in hand helps him break out of doing the same things with muscle memory. He may not stick to exactly what he wrote when he tries it on the actual instrument, but it's effective at getting him around habits of writing the same way.
    Spoiler
    Jesus dies at the end....

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Music composing? More like music composting, amirite?
    Came to say, "Yes, I compare my shit with the stuff the pro's do, but I only use it as an aspiration, not as what is required from my final product, because I don't have the time/means to produce anything like that."

But now, nah. I compose stuff in my head, and do my best to relate it to weedmongers and bong-ripping experts, who'd rather smoke than learn what a dotted-eight note can do for a riff.

ME: Solar A1.6ET

Quote Originally Posted by Lozek View Post

Yeah, some of this guys riffs was IMPOSSIBLE to play , and yet I have learned parts of this song below which is, technically, the most complicated stuff I've ever played ( I had a video of it earlier, until I cleansed my YT channel a couple of months ago)
    But the "unnatural flow" as you call it, makes it really difficult to just learn certain riffs, with weird fingering positions and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Rocka_Rollas View Post
    When did GUITARISTS begin thinking it was a good idea to make songs without even trying them out for real?
    Probably when they decided that they wanted to get away from writing the same riffs that come naturally to them (and everyone else) on guitar.

It can be a good way to break out of habits and break new ground.

If it sounds good, it is good, after all.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by TheKindred View Post
    a buddy of mine uses GP to compose when he gets stuck in a rut. Writing his guitar parts by hand without an instrument in hand helps him break out of doing the same things with muscle memory. He may not stick to exactly what he wrote when he tries it on the actual instrument, but it's effective at getting him around habits of writing the same way.
    ^

This.
    Last edited by drtedtan; 08-13-2019 at 06:58 PM.