GUITARISTS who compase their shit with GUITAR PRO!?!?!?
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: GUITARISTS who compase their shit with GUITAR PRO!?!?!?

ME: Solar A1.6ET
    Rig: Kemper

GUITARISTS who compase their shit with GUITAR PRO!?!?!?

I have personally never used Guitar Pro, and I cannot really read tabs or notes.

But I was just "hired" to record rhytm guitar + bass on 2 albums. I learn the riffs by ear, and sometimes just check the midi notes if I cannot decipher exactly what notes there are, and record instantly, part for part.

The guy who composed the albums is actually a very good guitarist.

HOWEVER.

Many of the riffs are so fucking unnatural to play I mean, I've learned and covered a lot of songs with quite difficult riffs, but at lesat they all MAKE SENSE from a guitarists perspective.

Not really hard like in a "Rings Of Saturn" kind of way, just... UNNATURAL...

I had to ask him, and yes... He made the riffs IN GUITAR PRO... He sometimes didn't make the riffs on guitar first!!!

No wonder the riffs are so weird to play. Some weird or even impossible finger positions.

Now it's not overly technical most of the time, but some riffs are just something that nobody would ever come up with playing guitar like a guitarist would do.

I know some instruments may be easier for some stuff, like a piano might playing some weird chords easier than guitar since you can use more fingers to do them, and then guitar might be easier for some stuff, maybe...

When did GUITARISTS begin thinking it was a good idea to make songs without even trying them out for real?

I can understand if a piano player writes guitar stuff in Guitar Pro and the riffs suddenly becomes unplayable for a guitarist, but....

2. Thanked by:

3. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Solar A1.6ET
    Rig: Kemper

By the way my wall of emoticons looks fucking awesome, I love the color scheme, and the animations are pleasant to watch!
    Here's some more!