Nolly Archetype
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Nolly Archetype

ME: Hacked tele and RGs
    MA: Freshman
    Rig: Mesa Mk V:25

Nolly Archetype

Have had a bit of a search but can't see anything here about this...

https://neuraldsp.com/products/archetype-nolly/

The demos sound amazing, but hey, it's Nolly so of course they do.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Suhr M5
    MB: Squire Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk V + Axe FX II

Incoming 4 page essay on how nolly is a shill and that you shouldn't buy this product despite the fact it sounds great and is very convenient.....

ME: Charvel So Cal
    Rig: Triple Rec

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Incoming 4 page essay on how nolly is a shill and that you shouldn't buy this product despite the fact it sounds great and is very convenient.....
    Djent apologist spotted.
    www.numbskullaudio.com
    Recording. Mixing. Mastering. Editing. Re-Amping.

www.stivesguitarservices.com
    Set-ups. Maintenance. Restoration. Repairs.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Suhr M5
    MB: Squire Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk V + Axe FX II

Self proclaimed enjoyer of things that are good

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    What kind of sad, petty person would do something like that?

I'm not saying this just because I fellate every single product that comes out that is endorsed by the same stale crowd of social media taste makers that has been driving a large segment of the gear market for the better part of the past decade, but I honestly believe this might be the best VST of the year.

Maybe the best VST in the history of computing. In terms of the history of computer programs, this is like, on par with the Ultima series, or the programs that landed the curiosity rover on mars.

It might even be on par with the original minesweeper.

For 135 euros they are practically giving it away. That is like, the same level of generosity as Mother Teresa, or Nelson Mandela.

I actually bought the program, and a day after using it, my mind was so blown, that I turned myself in to my local police station and I was like, "I practically stole this legendary piece of software officers, cuff me".

Some guy was like, "This is pretty much the tonal equivalent of the NXIVM cult you fucking idiot."

Ummmmmmmmmm, wrong. Did the NXIVM cult offer a 9 band EQ?

That is only one band less than an industry standard 10 band.

And even better, I hear they are releasing the additional 10th band as a DLC down the line for an additional 15 euros.

Listen, I have an ear for tone, and I know snake oil when I see it. But as I scrolled down the product page, which had the exact same homogenized sleek layout as every other page designed for the bro-metal crowd, my senses were drinking it all in, and I was like,

"If this thing wasn't worth the money, why would they feature a generic phoned in quote in bold text? Did the detractors not read the crunch amp has a twist?"

That's not just hyperbolic ad speak either. This twist is so advanced it's going to make M Night Shalyman look like fucking Kid Rock.

The twist is worth 135 euros on its own.

It's literally like, the twist in The Sixth Sense, if the Sixth Sense was a bad Meshuggah rip off with N'Sync vocals.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and donate to the Periphery singers Patreon, those highlights in his hair don't pay for themselves.

ME: Ibanez 540P
    MA: Ovation Celebrity CS257
    MB: Ibanez SRX2EX1
    Rig: BIAS FX

It wasn’t 4 pages long but that will do.

ME: Les Paul
    Rig: STL Will Putney plugin

Quote Originally Posted by scole View Post
    It wasn’t 4 pages long but that will do.
    Pretty damn funny though

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

Regardless of Neural DSP's marketing and bro-metal orientation, I ended up getting both the Plini and Parallax VSTs because they are really damned good.

As for Nolly, he showed up with Misha at a NoVA get-together years ago, and he's a ridiculously talented musician. Shame that he applies that talent to a bunch of metalcore whatever.