Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier vs Line 6 Helix - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier vs Line 6 Helix

Now we’re talkin! I can dig it. I’m doing a ton of tests so I’ll do some more riffs. I was trying to not draw attention to the playing as much of the sound. More to come!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdave View Post
    I dont get mad I get curious as to why someone would do a 2 note demo of a amp the planet has heard a million times. I like the Helix LT demos Ive seen and with the right IR you could nail the tone pretty good. I guess I think you could try harder was my point, that was kinda a tease.... put some riffs on there, dont just tickle it, play that damn thing!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH

Yeah dial that puppy in a bit and lets hear some higher notes too, how many times have I had a good chunk tone that blew for higher notes?! I am curious about the Helix (while waiting on the new Fractal) and have watched most vids on it so you had teased me a bit lol then all I got was 000000011111111100000011111 lol Looking forward to hearing some more.
    Vag Jackson, Man Of Action

Right on I got some lead tracks coming soon but right now I’m tracking rhythm. All the setting need to be dialed differently on the analog and digital side for lead but rest assured, I have lead tracks coming. Next I’m posting a different riff side by side with Bias, Amplitube, more Helix and the Fortin Plugin. Then will do the same with leads.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdave View Post
    Yeah dial that puppy in a bit and lets hear some higher notes too, how many times have I had a good chunk tone that blew for higher notes?! I am curious about the Helix (while waiting on the new Fractal) and have watched most vids on it so you had teased me a bit lol then all I got was 000000011111111100000011111 lol Looking forward to hearing some more.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: S540LTD, JS32-7
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: 6505 412 v30 OU812

The Mesa blows it away. But, I'm wondering if it's how you have the Helix dialed in, as it certainly doesn't sound like the freq's are set the same. How about dialing in the Mesa and then using the Treadplate (or whatever the Helix calls the Mesa clone sim) and going from there? Then, yeah, I'm with Dave - some variety would be good too.
    Tone Chasers Anonymous ™ - I’m not just a member, I’m the President.
    Don’t expect much, it’s not like I’m a rocket surgeon.

ME: Caparison/Maverick
    Rig: Sweet FA

We have a little rule around here about becoming part of the community before spamming your stuff. So, hang around a bit and make some *positive* contributions.
    I'm so metal I shit bats

ME: RG 1550
    MA: ROFL
    MB: Dafuq?!
    Rig: Mesa Mark IV, Recto 2x12

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    We have a little rule around here about becoming part of the community before spamming your stuff. So, hang around a bit and make some *positive* contributions.
    Alan Partridge - Give Me Another Series - YouTube
    I DOEN A BAD MURDA.

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

Guys, don't you know to not feed the YouTube spammers?
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

Fractal Audio Systems  Shred Training  Angel Vivaldi
Bowes Guitarworks  NumbSkull Audio Production

VigLink badge