Blah, my MOTU died. - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Blah, my MOTU died.

ME: Blackmachine
    Rig: Helix/Matrix/Zilla

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Hmm, I can't find that on their website. Is it actually new, or do you mean the old discontinued one?
    Aye you won't, because I meant Scarlett Brand new Gen3. Came out a month or so ago.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez UV7PWH
    Rig: VHT UL /AxeFX2 /Mesa RK2

Universal Audio stuiff is wicked. I'd get that if I were you. I got an apollo to repalce my old focusrite and it sounds great, and onboard DSP native plugins is pretty rad too

ME: KxK customs
    Rig: Verellen Amps

dude, 100 bucks.

https://www.steinberg.net/en/product...odels/ci1.html

works and sounds just fine, i drive my monitors with it, record two mics with it all the time and it doesn't color the tone or add shit to it

one hundred dollars. canadian

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Gibson LP P90
    MA: Sigma D-10
    MB: Warwick Corvette 5
    Rig: JCA22

Anything from RME. I've was using the latest UAD and MOTU interfaces and the RME blew them away. The latency is better than my UAD and MOTU interfaces and that with just using USB-2. You can get a RME UFX used for like a grand, or you can get a RME Babyface Pro for $800 new. Build quality, reliability, stability, ease of use, etc etc is way better than my last MOTU.

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Axe-Fx II / 5150

Man, this is tougher than I thought. Garrett is right. It's either $600 desktop units or $1500-$2500 rack stuff and not a hell of a lot in between.

While I'd much rather a 1U, I'm leaning towards either the UA Solo or an Apogee Quartet. They're both under a grand. I really love how well the Apogee stuff works, but my only hesitation is that they Quartet is still and grand and it's only USB 2.0.

Hmm...

ME: USA Strat/LP, TAM10
    MB: Ibanez SR305
    Rig: Randall Satan

I had this for 4 months and couldn't be happier. DI guitar sounds great through it.

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Axe-Fx II / 5150

I bought a Presonus Studio 1824, the 1U rack version of ^ that thing.

I had to install the software driver before I could get sound out of it. Despite it having 8 individual adjustments for the inputs on the front of it, none of them did anything until I used their software to enable/un-mute them. The meters would move, but nothing out of the mains. The fact that it's at all reliant on external software is no bueno for me, so it's going back to the 'Zon.

And now my quest continues.

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I bought a Presonus Studio 1824, the 1U rack version of ^ that thing.

I had to install the software driver before I could get sound out of it. Despite it having 8 individual adjustments for the inputs on the front of it, none of them did anything until I used their software to enable/un-mute them. The meters would move, but nothing out of the mains. The fact that it's at all reliant on external software is no bueno for me, so it's going back to the 'Zon.

And now my quest continues.
    The Presonus ones are a bitch to get working with Reaper and it's 11 billion options in the interface panel. I have a Firebox I still use, and getting it to play nice with everything is a hassle. It's hard to even keep track of which options are the optimal ones, considering Reaper routinely introduces cool new "experimental" features.

Half the brands out there have drivers that blow, and people just end up using the ASIO4ALL shit. Which is ridiculous. Buying an expensive piece of equipment and then requiring freeware drivers.

I don't know the manual for that particular unit, but for the Firebox and shit like that, they always make the claim that performance is the same whether you are powering it through the USB Firewire bus or the included wall wart. Which I straight up don't believe. You can power them through the bus, but on most of the units there is a noticeable difference in performance.

The Presonus shit really isn't that great. They used to fucking dominate the "entry level audio engineering students" market. They sell a lot of shit it campuses and stuff like that. They're OK for that, but I wouldn't really go for anything above their entry level units. Their wordclocks also sometimes don't play nice with Reaper's internal one. Some of the stuff is also clearly intended to only perform optimally with the DAW it comes bundled with.