Ambisonic Microphones/3D Sound - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ambisonic Microphones/3D Sound

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Yes, but the first rule of having a nice house is that all of that shit looks tacky and tasteless as fuck. I appreciate high end audio and a well treated room as much as the next guy, but unless you're Hans Zimmer most people don't pull off that look in their house and it just ends up looking ridiculous.

If you need an example, look around the room you're posting from.
    I couldn't hear your petty and unfounded insults over the sound of my DELUXE DECORATIVE TABLE TOP FOUNTAIN.

That is literally the opposite of tasteless. Even when people come in and think other shit is tasteless, they hear the soothing sounds of water hitting stone and think, "Wow, this is classy, does Hanz Zimmer live here?".

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson SL3X
    Rig: Blackstar ID TVP 150

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCoy View Post
    That is literally the opposite of tasteless.
    flavored water tho?

I dig soundbars as an easier alternative to a real 5.1 setup. its not going to sound as good as a real 5.1 of course but theres so much less to setup or worry about placing in your room.
    Last edited by Hellion; 09-24-2019 at 12:01 PM.

ME: Authentic Les Paul
    MA: Les Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCoy View Post
    I wanted to mock the sound bars, but apparently a lot of people take them seriously, and some great companies have like, $2k soundbars.

Does anyone here have a soundbar?
    Yes but just for general TV use. I've streamed music over it for a party before; nobody cares about fidelity, they just want the sub pumping.

You can buy soundbars from hifi companies like Focal, and they're not intended for critical listening, but I'm sure they do music fairly well and are probably awesome for home cinema. They're typically passive so you have to add amplifiers.