Cab acting as mic??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cab acting as mic???

ME: Sterling JP70
    MA: Alvarez
    MB: Ibanez Cheapo 9000
    Rig: MB TriAxis > 50/50

So complicated

In the olden days we'd just put a microphone in the middle of the room to record whole band scratch demos to tape. That wasn't even THAT long ago...

Before spending any more money I'd try pulling that rig apart and testing every possible combination of things.

Does the Mark IV have that switch to turn the speakers off?
    [Leon] 10:03 pm: She can poop on my chest anyday

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Found a forum thread discussing the Mark V slave output. I am guessing it's just like the one on the Mark IV, so this thread might be useful to you.

I wanted to look into it for myself because I am shopping for a Mark V. The Mark V:35 actually has the CabClone simulated recording output, which is awesome.

ME: RGIT27FE / Carvin DC
    MB: American Jazz Deluxe
    Rig: AxeFXII - Matrix - Vader

Haha yeah, we did mic's for a little bit but the results just aren't what I'm after. Ironing out all the issues with a complicated setup to achieve an end result of having an easy but super-effective work flow doesn't bother me at all. We're already at the point where we can just be in the middle of practice/writing, hit record and end up with a pretty decent demo-quality thing...mic's in the small storage unit we practice in just give the same results for the same effort.

But anyways...the MkIV does have the silent recording out and I believe that has some sort of 'cab emulation' which is actually just an EQ curve if I understand right. Doesn't work for our purposes though so I pretty much just ignore it. I think we've pretty much resigned to the idea that we'll just need to get him a DI box and run his guitar through the axefx to for the demo-recording phase. Once we start recording the actual tracks we'll be going one at a time anyways so this whole cab-mic issue won't even be a thing.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

what the fuck I never posted the actual link?

https://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=56847

^that's the link I mentioned

ME: RGIT27FE / Carvin DC
    MB: American Jazz Deluxe
    Rig: AxeFXII - Matrix - Vader

Quote Originally Posted by zepp View Post
    what the fuck I never posted the actual link?

https://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=56847

^that's the link I mentioned
    Yep, what they're talking through there is basically what I'm doing just without all the extra pieces. However, none of them are mentioning anything about a feedback/loopback/whatever you might want to call it issue of sound being picked up by the cab. I might have to do some more digging and make sure there's not something else going on.