Re-recording TWO entire albums!!!

3K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Rocka_Rollas 
#1 ·
UPDATE!!!!! 2020-06-09

UPDATE!!!!

SHOWING A LICK!!!!

/// UPDATE

UPDATE!!!!! 2020-05-16

ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF THE PROGRESS I AM MAKIGN!!! OOOH SHIT THIS GONNA BE GUUUUUUEEERRRD!!!!

/// UPDATE

UPDATE!!!!! 2020-04-03

Example of OLD vs NEW to showcase the potential of this re-recording!

/// UPDATE

RE RECORDING Old albums from 2013!!!!

Fans have asked if I will have these two albums available digitally and Spotify...
Absolutely not in their original form!!!

I hate the mixes and performances so I'm gonna re-record all instruments entirely from ground up with my current expertise in production :flex:

I will keep a few things from the originals like some vocals, but I have even talked to the original singers (who's not in the projects anymore since many years) about re-doing some stuff, and so it shall be! :flex:

Just listen to this garbage.
I can't believe this has 220000+ views on Youtube :lol:

And this has... well, 35000 but still, poor listeners :lol:

The upgraded versions are gonna be so fucking good.

The lyrics of the Rocka Rollas album is still atrociously bad. But since we're not re-recording all the vocals, I may have to accept some old mistakes.

All in all: so happy to see these albums getting a facelift and ready for the digital platforms.

I WILL UPDATE LATER WITH SOME SOUND COMPARISONS :flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::s cream:

See less See more
5 1
#10 ·
I think they sound great :wub:
Oh please.:cool:

You would by lying to yourselves if you pretend the original sounds better than the re-recording. :lol:

It's still in progress and a lot can change (especially since I have to actually record drums later)

But this example tells a lot about how much more I know about recording, performance and mixing today than I did 8 years ago.

#11 ·
The bulk of my recent Sonic Savage EP is rerecordings of songs I originally recorded over a decade ago. I kept many of the lead guitar tracks, as those weren't all utter shite recordings like the rest. https://sonicsavage.bandcamp.com/releases. I don't really have comparison versions to show the improvement.

I'm also at the start of extensively revising a number of the old Council of One albums to replace the bad non-guitar recordings/performances with good ones. I'm starting with the first album, to replace the sucky drums with non-sucky ones: https://councilofone.bandcamp.com/album/one-week-in-december

#12 ·
LOOK AT THIS LATEST UPDATE"!!!!!!

UPDATE!!!!! 2020-05-16

ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF THE PROGRESS I AM MAKIGN!!! OOOH SHIT THIS GONNA BE GUUUUUUEEERRRD!!!!

/// UPDATE

:flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::f lex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::fle x::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex: :flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::f lex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::fle x::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex: :flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::f lex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::fle x::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex: :flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::f lex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::fle x::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex: :flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::flex::f lex::flex::flex::flex:

#14 ·
UPDATE!!!!

SHOWING A LICK!!!!

I'm now pretty much finished with the guitars for the Rocka Rollas re-recording.
Next up is getting started with Blazon Stone.
The RR one was a big challenge because the songs needed so much re-writing and re-arrangements.
With BS it's not gonna be so much re-writing as the songs themselves are more coherent, but I may adjust the tempo of a couple of songs, and maybe re-write very specific parts I'm not really 100% satisfied with.

#17 ·
I definitely understand the desire to re-record stuff. There's a few songs I wrote/recorded in the last 4 years that, while they're not too shabby for someone who just got a DAW and a million plug-ins, I listen back to them and think "These are 75%" of the way there, between performance, tones and mixing. Thankfully, I only 'released' them on this forum and my Facebook, I know no one is consistently listening to them enough to even know that i put some of them out 2 years ago.

That comparison clip sounds great with the original version and KILLER with the new version!

#18 ·
Haha yeah the problem is that my shit was released on CD and Vinyl and it's obvious I had no clue what I was doing

This is what bands hire a PRODUCER to do. To put some quality control over the music.
I've always been my own producer, for bad or good, but with lots of efforts comes experience and I am now looking at my 7 year younger self like a "producer" and telling the my younger self "this has potential but if you do X, Y and Z it will be so much better".

I love working as producer with other bands.
Not just recording, but suggesting changes in song structure, vocal lines, riffs, even co-writing some parts to take their song ideas to the next level.
Some of these jobs are still on-going so I cannot really show any real examples of what I've accomplished.
One band I started working with 4 fucking years ago. But that album is gonna be a real kickass album.

I wish that I some day could show a "demo version vs finished product" comparison.

At least I could show my original Metal Strikes Back vs MSB: Definitive Edition some day to showcase how much better things can become with experience

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.