Does Bluetooth Still Suck for Monitoring Latency? Non Bluetooth wireless monitoring?

Thread: Does Bluetooth Still Suck for Monitoring Latency? Non Bluetooth wireless monitoring?

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Does Bluetooth Still Suck for Monitoring Latency? Non Bluetooth wireless monitoring?

Are all wireless studio headphones these days Bluetooth? What the fuck.

I just want to be able to go over to my amp and change settings without having to take off headphones and worry about a cord getting in the way. Be able to walk around the room while playing and listening to the close mic'd signal at the same time and all that basic luxury kind of stuff.

Every Bluetooth thing I have used has unacceptable amounts of latency for live monitoring. Is there anything that has fixed this? I heard about a new codec, but the latency is still unacceptable. From 200ms down to 70 or something.

Do they not make non Bluetooth wireless studio monitoring headphones anymore? I can't find them anywhere. All the big brands that are specifically "studio headphones" seem to be exclusively bluetooth.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez 540P
    MA: Ovation Celebrity CS257
    MB: Ibanez SRX2EX1
    Rig: BIAS FX

Maybe McGyver something together using an old Nady guitar wireless transmitter/receiver and an adaptor from 1/4” to headphone jack size. Then you could use any headphone.