Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Reaper ASIO bluetooth?

5K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  1 
#1 ·
My setup is a Focusrite 18i8 with Nuraphones plugged into the headphone jack. The Nuraphones are also bluetooth. Is there a way to use Bluetooth with ASIO? I can connect via bluetooth with the direct driver but the option is not available for the ASIO focusrite driver. Any ideas?

#4 ·
Of course, the easiest way to achieve what you want is running a stereo 1/4th or 1/8th TRS out from your interface into line in or microphone jack on your motherboard. Or your discrete sound card if you have one of those. Then you go to the "Recording devices" section of the sound control panel and check the option to monitor through your main playback device.

May work for you, may not. All kinds of weird problems exist. You can end up with weird chorusing and shit depending on your exact setup. Every hardware setup is different.

It also involves making your bluetooth headphones your main playback device in the "playback devices" section of the sound control panel. Which sucks. No one wants a bluetooth device as their main.

Also, since Motherboards don't have 1/4th TRS or XLR Jacks, you are going to be converting one of the outs from your interface to a spaghetti thin 1/8th TRS, which kind of sucks for sound.

The benefit of that way is there is less latency than using a utility. Any routing utility is going to add latency, and it may even be unbearable if you have a shitty computer. That's added latency on top of bluetooth.

I would be interested in trying it with an optical in, but my motherboard doesn't have an optical in, only optical outs.

You can also obviously achieve what you want by buying other physical hardware and macguyvering something up there. Splitters, converters, patch bays, that kind of stuff.

None of it is worth it for Bluetooth due to the latency IMO.

I tried that for fucking ever, including using a separate instance of Rewire and all that kind of shit. Couldn't get it to work with bluetooth. Don't know about Mac though. Have you gotten it to work with bluetooth? I didn't bother asking on the REAPER forums, because none of the DAW makers really take bluetooth seriously due to the added latency.

#3 ·
I explored this a while back. Not worth it. Bluetooth doesn't have acceptable latency for live monitoring. And even if you don't plan on using it for live monitoring the disconnect between the movements on the screen and the audio is nauseauting.

There are a couple utilities that will do it, some that are really confusing and require coding knowledge.

The one that works best is mega obscure and you won't find it anywhere. Ones like JACK and the VB audio and CheVolume all kind of suck and didn't do what I want. The one that works best is an obscure thing I found in the darkest corners of the microsoft online store because I had gift cards and don't have an XBOX. $40. There's a month long trial, I don't know if you can still use it after that like REAPER or not, used said gift cards on it.

The site is like, something you won't find searching for that kind of stuff. I thought it was kind of sketchy looking. But I got the version on the Microsoft app store, and usually the people at app stores are pretty on the ball about not putting malicious hardware masquerading as legit programs on their stores.

https://www.3delite.hu/Object Pascal Developer Resources/DSWASAPIASIORouterMixer.html

Although honestly, all of those programs for routing matrixes beyond what you can do with standard stuff and virtual patchbay things are all kind of sketchy. You won't find anyone that isn't sketchy or sort of "fly by night style company" looking. Because they are mainly used to rip audio from places that are designed for you not to rip audio from. That's why the functionality isn't standard. :lol: They want pirates to go through at least a little work to rip BLU-RAYs for usenet.

The "CheVolume" one is named after Che Guevera, as a joke about how hardware and software designers purposefully don't give you that functionality.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.