ENGL 646 plugin - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ENGL 646 plugin

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

Quote Originally Posted by thrashinbatman View Post
    It's based on Victor Smolski head. Never played it or the plugin, but that clip sounds good. I also like really scooped tones too though.
    Sure enough... I just had to google E646

Also...

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Dean Modifier

I wanted to like that sim but it seemed way too quiet compared to other sims. I have no idea what that was about. It sounded good though. All of the Brainworx sims are great. If the volume issue was fixed I'd be all over it.

ME: Les Paul
    Rig: Kemper-STL plugins

Quote Originally Posted by STR View Post
    I wanted to like that sim but it seemed way too quiet compared to other sims. I have no idea what that was about. It sounded good though. All of the Brainworx sims are great. If the volume issue was fixed I'd be all over it.
    Yeah I understand what you mean. Its missing mids which gives off a lower quiet vibe. I changed the Middle Voiced knob to add some mids back.
    Blue is the previous frequency response, yellow is the new frequency response with the middle voice turned up. Does this sound better? Thanks for the input man!

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

The UA/Brainworx stuff is all sick, I own a few. All "officially licensed" too. Mainly use the JCM 800 one.

I don't use the preamp sections, I use my own physical guitar preamps and use the "preamp defeat" switch on the interface.

Of course, the JCM 800 one doesn't have that unfortunately, since it's a faithful replica of an early one before they came with loops, so you have to do a preamp into the low input, which is actually what a lot of guys who only use the JCM 800 power section have done over the years if they don't have a loop modded in.

There's less circuitry inside than anything modern, so there isn't that much between your outboard pre and the power section anyways. The earlier the guitar amp, the less there is going on in the preamp section. And the UA/Brainworx one is based on an early one.

ME: Ibanez RG3120
    MA: Breedlove Pursuit Concert
    MB: Dingwall NG-2
    Rig: Mesa/Boogie Road King

Brainworx does excellent channel strips too, FWIW. I really like their SSL-E and Focusrite channel strips.