The (free) VST Amp Sim thread - Page 6
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The (free) VST Amp Sim thread

ME: Cort M520
    MA: Ibanez V320
    Rig: Pod X3 Live

Quote Originally Posted by stealthtastic View Post
    Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Gods Cab.
    OK, but there was like a 100 versions of that in the fantastic impulse pack I got from 7deadlysins... Different mics, different distances/angles etc... Is there a forum favorite or do I cycle through all of them? :-)

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

I'm not to used with amp sims. But for the preproduction of the Feared 2011 album I've been using Lecto. Awesome plugin:

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaYXDg3cHk4]Feared - Rejects (2011) album teaser - YouTube[/VIDEO]

ME: Swampcaster
    MA: Fender Sonoran
    MB: Squier Active Jazz 5
    Rig: Rectoverb 50

Quote Originally Posted by osiris View Post
    OK, but there was like a 100 versions of that in the fantastic impulse pack I got from 7deadlysins... Different mics, different distances/angles etc... Is there a forum favorite or do I cycle through all of them? :-)
    I just cycle through till I find the one that sounds right..... if you don't have it, get LePou's newest impulse loader because it lets you load up to 6 at a time so you can compare back and fourth between those. A lot of times i'll blend two cabs together, i'll have one at 80% volume and the other at 20% volume. I don't do this all the time, but sometimes it works.

RHLC East Coast President

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Shows some improvement! :-). Still getting a bit too much bottom and a little to much fizz on the top (sounds like not enough mids from that description, but that's not quite what I mean...)

ME: Swampcaster
    MA: Fender Sonoran
    MB: Squier Active Jazz 5
    Rig: Rectoverb 50

Quote Originally Posted by osiris View Post
    Shows some improvement! :-). Still getting a bit too much bottom and a little to much fizz on the top (sounds like not enough mids from that description, but that's not quite what I mean...)
    Are you using the high and low pass filters that are built into the IR loader? I usually use both and then also have a high and low pass on a standalone EQ.

Quote Originally Posted by 7deadlysins View Post
    Are you using the high and low pass filters that are built into the IR loader? I usually use both and then also have a high and low pass on a standalone EQ.
    No I've only used the eq in reaper to boost some ranges and notch shelf off. Will try the filters in lecab!

Quote Originally Posted by 7deadlysins View Post
    That made a ton of difference!

Generally mixing makes me a bit insane, just like retouching photos. You tweak and tweak and when you're happy with results you switch back to the untouched original and it's better :-(

ME: ESP Horizon NT7
    MB: Ibanez SR305DX
    Rig: Peavey 5150/HD500

I ordered a Line 6 Toneport UX1. Does anyone know if I can use the Lepou plugin's with it? and if so how do i get them on there?

Trying to figure out once I get it, if I should buy the metal shop add on, or If I can get some free hi gain amp sims.