Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Post pictures of your setup(big or small)

82K views 165 replies 78 participants last post by  Madmardigan 
#1 ·
I got a few pictures of my modest setup. not the greatest pics but fuck it!

Gear includes, 4 api pres, joe meek twinq, tl audio tube pre's, distressor, 4 x fmr rnc, mackie 1640i, not pictured is my universal audio la-610

See less See more
#41 ·
just stay clear of the 5's then, I had a pair of those and they were incredibly terrible. the krk8 are much better, but still a bit too scooped to be "proper" monitors. To be honest I'd rather mix on a pair of hi-fi speakers than rokits!

#52 ·

Room is pretty shitty, very shallow ceilings (basement) and desk is in corner. I would have liked to have been able to move my desk farther from the wall so the monitors aren't right up against it, but there's only so much I can do with the space. I'm planning on getting my own house in the next year so I should have some more room to have something set up semi-properly.

#54 ·
My studio Setup

Hey guys,new member i think its my first post:p

Greetings from Cyprus!

My Studio is almost complete, it used to be a storage room but with a lot of hard work is finally shaping up

Rack in the Control Room :

Recording Room :

Control Room Desk :

Amp in Control Room :

The only thing thats left to be done is Bass Trapping, acoustically isolating the window in the recording room, and the one in the control room and its officially over:)

#56 ·
This is a bit overdue but here are some pics of my new digs.

Here's the desk. It's a basic HD-IO w/ C-24 control surface. Our main machine is a Mac Pro dual quad-core.

This is a Synthesizers.com Studio-22 analog synth. Basically a modern Moog.

One of my colleagues is keeping his old Rhodes here.

This is our main tracking room. All of the diffusers are from a company called RPG. The soundproofing and room treatments ate up most of our budget.

From the inside of the vocal booth.

The side window of the control room looks out into the recital hall which doubles as a large recording room.

#65 · (Edited)
Mid guitar tracking at the moment. Seemed appropriate to post, despite the mess/chaos. Assistant Engineer Optimash Prime approves, however (and features quite heavily). The archaic headphones hanging off the herc stand are of sentimental value, and no sonic use whatsoever.

Interfaces, monitors, other stuff. The EMU is broken (but its also got sentimental value as my first interface :wub: ) Sub 8 behind the desk

Guitars.

Amps and cab. And some pedals.

About half the room

Desk with a view into the corner of mic stands, cables, bass amp.

Motivation

Me Grimlock back CD rack with rockwool, make CDbassracktrap

Last but not least, chaos, cables, stands and bass amp.

Also, do excuse the tatty home-bodged basstrapping throughout. I put rockwool basically anywhere I can get it that makes half a lick of sense.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.