Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Post pictures of your setup(big or small)

82K views 165 replies 78 participants last post by  Madmardigan 
#1 ·
I got a few pictures of my modest setup. not the greatest pics but fuck it!

Gear includes, 4 api pres, joe meek twinq, tl audio tube pre's, distressor, 4 x fmr rnc, mackie 1640i, not pictured is my universal audio la-610

See less See more
#70 ·
I'll give this a shot. It's nothing special but I appreciate the space. Guess I need to stick some foam on the walls! :)

The POD HD 500 fits perfectly under the desk under my feet. It's connected to a cheap Presonus Audiobox USB and my Macbook. Those are Mackie monitors with no cushions and something bouncing around on top of one. :eek: QSC K10 (also connected to the POD) sits on a headless Mesa cab. My cab needs head. I have a Crown power amp under the bandanda hiding the gaping space on the left side of the desk. Have used it with the POD and the Mesa but with the K10, I hardly see the point in this space. Various guitars that I can't play are on the other side of the room.

I have to say, one of my favorite finds recently was a 4U rack mount drawer on Craigslist for $25. It fits nicely on the right side of the desk. I wasn't about to pay the going price for something new.

Last but not least, that's an old Pioneer receiver on top of the desk. That thing is probably somewhere around 30 years old and sounds fucking amazing. I use it primarily to listen to vinyl.

#76 ·
My humble home studio spot. It gets the job done (when I actually have time to use it).

Studio space shot:

MIDI keyboard controllers (M-Audio Keystation 88 Pro and M-Audio Axiom 49):

Computer Desk (23" Acer monitors, M-Audio ProFire 610, M-Audio Torq Xponent, Korg padKONTROL, Behringer FCB1010 with Uno firmware under the desk):

Sound Corner (Roland KC-550):

Guitars (Agile Septor 830 Pro EB Silverburst, Ibanez RGA121 TKF and Ibanez XPT700FX):

Basses (Rogue LX406 Pro and ESP LTD F-205):

Instrument resting place:

Not pictured: Samson Resolv 65a studio monitors (waiting to afford stands for them ATM).

Current list of software I use in the home studio:

Cockos Reaper 4.25
M-Audio Torq 2.0.3
Native Instruments Komplete 8 (with Skanner XT)
Line 6 POD Farm 2.5.3 Standard (with Collector Classics, Metal Shop, Power Pack and Bass Expansion model packs)
XLN Audio Addictive Drums (with Metal ADpak)
Kazrog Recabinet 3.1.1
Xlutop Chainer 1.0.3
LePou plugins
TSE plugins
Nick Crow plugins
"Classic" plugins
Various other freeware plugins and IRs

#87 ·
Everyone's seen my setup already, but since it was nice out and actually sunny, I figured I'd snap a few pics. They got washed out anyway, but fuck it. :lol:

Here's my music room.

Other side. Comfy leather couch and some fiddles.

Fiddles:

Behind the drums, more fiddles.

My kit. Started out as a basic TD4, and I upgraded, erm, everything but the head.

Looking out from off-tempo-land:

Other side, tubes + video games for that big TV up there.

No tubes.

Mixer that runs my wedges, drums, bass DI and the Fractal.

Stuff I step on, and do my best Dickinson when nobody's looking.

And in from the door.

#100 ·
My Setups

Home Studio:
My home studio is pretty basic, I mix everything inside the box, so even though I own a mixer I've removed it from my setup as it was more hassle than it was worth for my home studio needs. I currently can't record drums at home (Hoping to change that soon) so more than 2 channel inputs is fairly pointless. Set up is i7 920 overclocked to 3.8Ghz, 12GB RAM 1600Mhz, Asus P6T Motherboard, GTX 560, M-Audio Delta 1010, M-Audio DSM3's, 2 x 24 inch monitors, Line 6 KB37. Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro, 2 Electric Guitars, 1 Acoustic and 2 active bass guitars. Cubase 5, Melodyne Editor, Superior drummer 2.0 and Ozone 3 & 5 as my main plugins. one comfortable black leather sofa lol

Work Studio:
New studio started at the beginning of the year. Small project funded my friend David, who's trying to help offer recording services to the local bands. Photos taken during the studio's first ever recording session, which was 8 bands in one day for Lifeboat fundraising charity CD.
Setup: i5 2700K, 8GB RAM, 2 x Presonus firestudio's, 2 x RODE NT2A, AKG Drum Mic Set, 2 x AKG Pencil Condensers, 5 x SM57, 5 x SM58, Cubase 7, Peavey XR 1212 1200 Watt, 4 X Peavey 400 Watt Loudspeakers. Can;t remember the make of the studio monitors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.